Puppeteer

Author Topic: Chinese diesels maybe changing direction  (Read 2545 times)

guest23837

Chinese diesels maybe changing direction
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
Hi Guys

I was looking on Alibaba for a 178F engine (Motorbike idea) unfortunately the duty, VAT and handling charges to get your hands on it in Ireland are more than the engine costs shipped CIF. However I did see this Listeroid.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/lister-type-water-cooled-slow-speed_109789814.html

Now I know it's an Indian engine and there are some spelling mistakes but I'm curious as to why the Chinese would list these engines unless they are considering producing them themselves? Alibaba does offer, or claims to offer some buyer protection. Any comments?

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese diesels maybe changing direction
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 07:06:24 PM »
Doesn't the name imply a ghost product?

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

guest23837

Re: Chinese diesels maybe changing direction
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:09:39 PM »
Thanks chaps I wasn't aware that alibaba hosted for companies outside China you live and learn. I rang a shipping agent earlier today and he gave me a load of interesting information on importing from China. The engine I wanted was $199.00 FOB or $239.00 CIF pretty good I thought. The agent told me the minimum space you can buy is 1 cubic meter in a container that would be a lot of small engines! He told me to request shipping by DHL as he thinks the engine would be sent FOB and the shipping would be charged on a cubic meter when it arrived. I requested DHL and await their reply.