Author Topic: Adjusting the governor  (Read 3210 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Adjusting the governor
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:53:38 PM »
Being as I am in the movie producer mood lately 8)  I just uploaded this flick on how to correctly adjust the governor for best response. They are never right as received from India and almost never right when tinkered with by the owners. Dead simple in operation they are never going to be 1% governors, they were not designed to be. Corect adjustment and one easy modification will get you as good as they can be without major modifications and best of all you can do it all in 10 minutes.
[youtube]N4otiDKDiyk[/youtube]
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

overbore

• View Profile
Re: Adjusting the governor
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 07:18:32 PM »
Great siimlified information; one well fitted lock nut= KISS at its finest. Many thanks and well done,Sir. overbore

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 07:46:45 PM »
Excellent!

Removing the top clevis to check the pivoting arm and rack yoke pin smoothness is simple and effective and lets you readily see and feel what's causing trouble.  My Listeroid 6/1 had big problems there. I had to readjust the angles and finally smooth the rack yoke pin and bush the pivoting arm hole that it slides in. The yoke bit was very badly machined, very rough pin would tilt in the oversized hole and bind.

The linkage length adjustment section was also very helpful.  I'm gong to check my 6/1 via this method.

Thanks, 38AC!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:38:17 AM by BruceM »

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 10:40:04 PM »

Yep, mine had issues at the top part of the linkage as well.
Alignment problems that had to be machined.
Too bad they come like this from the factory. After making thousands of engines, they still can't make a quality product.
I suppose poor quality is easier to mass produce than good quality  ;)

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 11:22:40 PM »
Nice, Thanks Butch!

I have noticed that a lot of the top linkage arms on those fuel racks have been bent in transit... simple shipping/handling damage that can slip right by if not paid careful attention. The good thing is that most of them will bend back to proper shape without breaking or cracking.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations