Author Topic: 5KW ST-type generator head  (Read 6009 times)

mikenash

• View Profile
5KW ST-type generator head
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:52:12 AM »
Of no interest to you Northern Hemisphere gentlemen, but you never know when someone from NZ is lurking . . .

I have a new, just-out-of-the-crate 5KW ST-type generator (alternator, really)  plus a built-for-the-purpose mount-and adjusters assembly

Was going to put it onto my CS 5/1 but then I got the 10/2 and it'll run a bigger one so now there is plan "B" and the unit is for sale . . .

Expressions of interest welcome . . . .

I imported it from China myself, and I have forgotten the fine details of what it cost but there was:

Purchase $USD650

Shipping & insurance I forget exactly . . . I know there was a $140-odd fee at the shipping warehouse?

Customs stuff added up to another maybe $200-300?  I forget

then there was GST (tax) at 15% of all the above

i think it cost me something like $NZD1400 and I have it advertised locally for $NZD875 . . .

Cheers

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: 5KW ST-type generator head
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 06:22:22 PM »
Can't imagine it'd be cheap?

I lifted if from a pallet-on-forklift across to the work bench yesterday and my back still hurts

I guess it's 90 kg

Will enquire re freight - costs nothing to ask

Cheers

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: 5KW ST-type generator head
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:52:31 AM »

I just looked at the exchange rate.
Geez Your Dollar has gained on ours. Virtually the same now.  Last time I was there for work we had almost a 20% advantage. Not any more.

I wouldn't even know how to get something like that brought in. I can imagine I'd have to go through a shipping brokers and pay all sorts of fees to the ports, customs etc.
Probably be cheaper to bring one in direct from China.
Better wait to see what the next house is like before I add anymore to the 5 ton of " treasure" I am stressing about packing up and moving already.

Yeah just hold your breath for a few more minutes and us folks here with the $NZD will be ahead of the $AUS lol

Sending it is simple - there's effectively a door-to-door process & all you'd have to do at your end would be to pay GST

But it's too expensive to be worthwhile - probably close to $400 door to door

Cheers