Puppeteer

Author Topic: Xmas and somthing I have been going to say for a while.  (Read 4841 times)

guest22972

Xmas and somthing I have been going to say for a while.
« on: December 21, 2016, 07:05:20 AM »

This has been on my mind for a bit and seems a good time to say it. The more I think about it the more sure I am.

This is one of, if not THE best forums I have ever been on.

I get so much satisfaction and contentment reading things here. It's supposed to be about Listers but it goes so far beyond that.  I love Ed's Lister chronicle thread and more so the way we are allowed to conduct ourselves like adults here.  The power's that be never piss and moan about keeping things on topic and we wander all over the place which is part of what makes it feel like an online family.  We can say what we think that so many other forums I have been on jump up and down and go over the top with political correctness and use moronic excuses like it being a family forum to control what is said and thought.
I do look in on the other stable mate from time to time but I did get jack of that for exactly what I mentioned. Stay on topic, can't say this or that...... far out. It's no wonder the participation there looks like a couple of posts a week.... if that.

I have been kicked off a heap of forums and basically, I'm not one bit ashamed. A recent one I didn't last long on was because I poi9nted out something that " May not be legal in many places and anything that condoned breaking the law was not permissible".  Fine, you can stick your candy arsed, pussy whipped, " family Friendly" PC overdosed forum fair up your nether regions for all I care. IF you are that over the top, I really don't want to be a part of it.

One thing I REALLY like about this site is that we discuss DIY and alternative energy and no clown comes along rying to brainwash us about the environment or saving the planet or any of that crap I am completely and utterly fed to death with. You want to save the world, fine, best of British to you but for fks' sake, stop trying to lay a guilt trip on everyone that isn't obsessed and brainwashed with it as you are.  I don't put ship on your proclivities in life, don't brow beat me about mine just because they don't meet your fictitious ambitions.
It seems every damn forum in the world except this one thinks that " alternative" is another word for " Everything you say, do and think has to be about saving the planet and being green".
Go jump you tree hugging, pot smoking, green washed pain in the arses.
This crap has been going on since 2000 now and I have yet to see one single fact about how the environment and the air etc has improved with all this feel good rubbish. I can show you a lot of things that have gotten a lot worse though.

I would like to thank everyone here from the site owner, the care takers and the users for making this place what it is. Always interesting, always informative, always something I look forward to at the end of the day ( or during when I get a chance) to come here and read. There's nothing I don't look at here, even if it's not something I'm particularly interested in or can use the info myself, I always learn and enjoy the insight.
Things haven't been the best for me over the last while but this is one of the few things I can do in reading and dribbling on here that takes my mind off things and gives me a bit of time without being stressed.
 I think it's important to try and stop and give thanks for the good things in life and while it might seem a bit corny, to me this is one of them. As I said, I have been thinking of this for a while so again I have got some satisfaction by saying it.

One of the liberties I can enjoy here which you couldn't do on a lot of forums now regrettably, is the ability to wish you all sincerely a very Merry Christmas and happy new year.
I hope you all get to realise ALL your hopes and ambitions for the next 12 months and beyond and look forward to reading of more ideas, adventures, information and general waffle that makes this place really so great. 

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: Xmas and somthing I have been going to say for a while.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 08:00:25 AM »
Thanks, Glort.  Merry Xmas to you as well  :)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 09:36:04 AM »
Well said,

And a good festive season to all, whether it's now, or at some other point in some other calender!

Happy Christmas

Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 10:40:10 AM »
Hey Glort, and to all of you lads out there as well...

Its been great posting here, an awesome place to air an idea without getting flamed or booted as well!!

I am so glad that I have been able to inject a little bit of this and that to the group (read that as logic, knowledge, bullshit and humour!!) and that it seems to me that the bulk of you guys are enjoying my pissing around here at home... I echo the sentiments expressed above - It is so nice to voice a point of view without some eejut losing their cool and causing things to escalate to "banned status"...

To the moderators of this forum: You guys are doing an awesome job!! You are allowing things to run their course, with just enough moderation to keep everybody in mind that they all have to tow their own line!! THANK YOU!!

To everybody out there: I hope you all have a wonderful and rested festive season, Merry Xmas!!

And especially to Glort - Glort, somewhere, just recently, I read a post where if I remember correctly you said: "Don't they get shitty and up them selves when you try to politely point that out?"  - Glort, there is generally sweet F-All in your postings that is polite(Politeness to me is a way to tell someone to go to hell in such a manner that they look forward to the trip...or was that tact??) - but, and a very big BUT, I like your outlook, your rants, your straightforwardness and your general sideways pull to what everybody else expects!! Without you on this forum, imparting your considerable knowledge, humour and POV, this would be a very different atmosphere!! In the the words of the sixties.... "I dig it, man!!"

Dieselgman, Tom, Combustor, 38ac, Veggie, Mike90045, Carlb23, TXblacksmith, Vdubnut62, Thob, 32Coupe, Buikanddeere, Dieselspanner, Cujet, Billswan.... to mention but a few and the list is way longer still... Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge and experience with the world. As I have mentioned before, this is an unusual forum in that for by far the greatest part, knowledge and advice is freely given, with little chance of "pay back"  - To all of you out there - A big THANK YOU!!

Thank you again to all of you for making this forum a daily stop off for me!!

Keep it coming!

Cheers
Ed
12/1 750RPM/9HP Roid 5kVA- WMO Disposal/Electricity & Hot Water Gen
12/1 650RPM/8HP Roid 4.5kVa - Demon Dino
Chinese Yanmar - Silent Runner with AutoStart
Classic Komatsu 1963 Dozer/Fergusson 35 Gold Belly ...
Bikes,Cars,Gunsmithing & Paintball...Oh yes, a 5Ha open air Workshop to play in!

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »

Thanks Ed...you are so right !

Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 03:53:15 PM »
Seasons greeting to all !

... and to all a good night !    ;D

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 05:27:51 PM »
Aw Geezz,

glort being sweet.  I hope to stop puking before Sunday.

One thing I REALLY like about this site is that we discuss DIY and alternative energy and no clown comes along rying to brainwash us about the environment or saving the planet or any of that crap I am completely and utterly fed to death with. You want to save the world, fine, best of British to you but for fks' sake, stop trying to lay a guilt trip on everyone that isn't obsessed and brainwashed with it as you are.  I don't put ship on your proclivities in life, don't brow beat me about mine just because they don't meet your fictitious ambitions.
It seems every damn forum in the world except this one thinks that " alternative" is another word for " Everything you say, do and think has to be about saving the planet and being green".
Go jump you tree hugging, pot smoking, green washed pain in the arses.
This crap has been going on since 2000 now and I have yet to see one single fact about how the environment and the air etc has improved with all this feel good rubbish. I can show you a lot of things that have gotten a lot worse though.
  Where have I gone wrong?I shall try harder in 2017.

But thanks to you for many of the other reasons you posted this time in The Journals of GLORT (Global Lords of Regressive Trash).  I too am regularly amazed by the NASA level work and knowledge base we enjoy here at Lister Engine Forum. 

Aloha to you all.  Even potty mouth glorp.

Casey
 ;)
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 03:45:07 AM »
Merry Christmas and good tidings to all. May the new year be one of health, joy and prosperity.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »
Kudos also to both the moderators AND those who hang out here because things can get out of hand from either side. A person only has to go back a few years to when this site imploded due to things getting waaaaaaay of hand with what was allowed to be posted then the moderators stepped in hard and squashed it like the riot police.   I came on the scene when the site was off the air due to the mess and was initially active over on the sister site.  Then this one came back on line and viewership was very slow at first then people like Gary and Veg, XYZer and others came back and lended some legitimacy to the place and now the other site is very lightly attended. (the micro coogen pages in case anybody didn't know)

My lone issue (and it is a slight one OK?) is that we have been provided with many forums here so as to keep things organized meaning  on topic and also provided with an off topic place to banter about about anything we wish. Personally I feel a responsibility to pitch in and help keep things in the prim and proper places provided.  I like to banter and talk about off topic things and consider all of you my personal friends but it really does mess things up for new comers who come looking on a web site andfind the forums to be a mess of whatever and off topic.  Another engine site I hang out on is having a big problem with this issue and people continually post anything and everything on the one forum saying  " I posted this here because I wanted it to be seen" That attitude is bunk, tell me who doesn't look for the bold type when you log on that indicates new posts and go there to see what they are?,, well at least I do ;)

Collector and horder of about anything diesel

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 10:40:23 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!
 I feel very blessed to have the ability to interact with this group.

I like others, make this a daily stop on the great Information Highway. I have learned so much here and on the "other" forum too.
Thanks EdDee for the kind words, but I always thought of myself more as comic relief......or a pain in the arse.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 03:04:42 AM »
My thanks and appreciation for the help and encouragement I got here for my neighbor's propane DES 8/1 conversion.  They are now enjoying their second winter on Lister clone power.  I really enjoy seeing the interesting projects and creative problem solving going on here on a regular basis. 

Happy Holidays!
BruceM