Author Topic: Lister JWSC6 parts  (Read 3087 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Lister JWSC6 parts
« on: December 18, 2016, 04:22:24 PM »
Does anyone know about availability of any rebuild parts for JWSC6?

Pistons, rings, liners, bearings, bushings, valves, valve seats, push rods, fuel pumps, gasket set.

Obsolete engine in maritime use... client needs a full kit or good replacement.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: Lister JWSC6 parts
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »
You don't need me to tell you that the parts supply situation for this Lister engine is very tricky at best (even worse than sourcing Lister CD/CE spares IMHO), this was not one of Listers best selling engines, and with a nasty habit of melting pistons if pushed too hard, combined with individual fuel pumps that were very time consuming to spill time it always had a patchy reputation.

I would have thought your customer would have been better off with a marinised GM 8V53 engine transplant or similar, as these are very plentiful and cheap in your part of the world, and still with very good spares support.

Having said all that, I suggest you contact this ebay seller:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LISTER-PISTON-JA-JW-Over-Size-/302155862364?hash=item4659e4915c:g:QtgAAOxyUrZSxC8d

Ask for his father [Roger Drennan], because he would quite possibly be able to direct to a source of these spares, as he worked extensively on these engines, and may still have the contacts you need for the parts your seeking.

If this lead does not go anywhere, come back to me via a PM and I will come up with another name for you, failing that have you tried Sleeman Hawken?