Author Topic: Lister CS 6/1 Rev Counter  (Read 2554 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Lister CS 6/1 Rev Counter
« on: November 21, 2016, 08:17:24 AM »
Hi All

A couple of years ago a mate, who is electronically blessed offered to build me a burglar alarm system for my shed, it took a few months, each visit he'd do a bit more. as he was finishing it he admired the  Lister and my cycle computer rev counter, saying something a little more profesional shouldn't be too difficult to knock up, This is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBZLP_ucpWU&feature=youtu.be

It's powered by an internal 9v battery and has a Hall effect switch that is triggered by 4 tiny 2mm magnets set (with a hot glue gun) equidistantly, into the inboard side of the camshaft retaining collar. The tin cover hides the switch, bracketry, excess cable and keeps it all tidy and provides protection.

On pressing the button the unit runs for 5 minuets and give a coundown to shut down in seconds. There's also a second switch in the case which can be used to determine which end of a magnet is which before fitting, as the sensor is polarity sensitive.

It'll will apparently run for hours on the battery, quote "I don't think you'll be fitting a new one for a couple of years'.

That's the limit of my knowledge, but if anyone would like details I'm happy to pass them along, or publish them here.

Once I get the whole generator assembled he's promised a Raspberry Pie powered starting sysrem a la Startomatic. Can't wait!

The crappy videoing is me, posting courtesy of Tony, my son in law.

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

Samo

• View Profile
Re: Lister CS 6/1 Rev Counter
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:48:32 AM »
Hey that's nice work Stef,

I'd love the details, maybe I could scavenge a bit more performance out of my arduino control unit. Very readable display too!

cheers,
Samo
Lister CS 12/2 & JKSON 10/1 Listeroid

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: Lister CS 6/1 Rev Counter
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
Hi Samo

I'll get onto my man and see what can be done.

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.