Puppeteer

Author Topic: Fuel Filters Suppliers  (Read 5618 times)

Listerational

• View Profile
Fuel Filters Suppliers
« on: November 13, 2016, 09:42:56 PM »
Greetings,

Can someone please recommend a good source for fuel filters? I have a Powerline 10/1.

Thank you,

JB

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Fuel Filters Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 12:50:13 AM »
What type of filter does your machine have? Early style OEM filters were of the "rope" type, and later ones switched to a small paper filter. We stock OEM parts.

The Indians have swapped around several variations of their own.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Listerational

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 12:58:32 AM »
Hello Diesel,
This is the paper type part number H08R12B1.
Thanks,

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
All of the Powerline engines I have been around have a filter like the one pictured?  I have not found a suitable element anywhere except through Powerline or one of their dealers. The way the head is made makes it near impossible to adapt a similar filter.  Here in the states the dealer I use for Powerline specific parts is Central Main Diesel.  Most of those filter heads get switched out.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »
CMD then is the best choice to use for that style of odd Powerline housing. If you ever need the AC Lister OEM style, we have excellent stocks here.

dieselgman

Listerational

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 01:34:26 AM »
Thanks for the help sirs. I emailed CMD for info on the filter.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 02:22:59 AM »
The late Lister CS OEM filters (made by AC) look exactly like the one hanging off the side of this newer Alpha:

We have plenty of this style available - both the filter assemblies and the filter elements that go inside.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:23:21 PM by dieselgman »

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 11:38:05 AM »
My experiance with CMD is your better call. They have yet to ever answer an email.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 06:35:40 PM »
Glort, here in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Offended, The Powers that Be don't let us have cool small fuel efficient diesels. Well, maybe a VW or two.  Sure I have a Big honking Six Cylinder 5.9 liter diesel pickup that plastic and paper cartridge type fuel filters cost $30 US each, but I don't think I have ever seen a Diesel Suby.  I gathered up a couple 1.5 liter VW fuel filter bases for my projects. They use a spin on filter and cost $8-10 bucks.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

George A

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 11:50:21 PM »
My Vidhata wouldn't start for sour apples after I foolishly installed an inline (hose barb) style filter. I timed it and cranked it until I turned blue. Nothing, even though I could see fuel in the transparent filter. After letting it sit, unloved, for almost six months I decided to bypass the filter with a straight line connection and it instantly fired up. The problem? An air bubble that was plainly visible and "shouldn't" have caused a problem......but it did.

I then followed the lead of someone (on this forum I believe) by tapping the OEM filter inlet (in the top) to 1/2x20 tpi so it now accepts a Fleetguard FF5044 filter INSIDE the original housing. Changing is just a matter of removing the bowl, unscrewing the old filter and screwing in the new one. Reassemble the housing and you're done.
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.