Puppeteer

Author Topic: re furbishing the power line 6-1 and need help with generator head  (Read 7900 times)

halfcrazy

• View Profile
I was really looking to go with a 5KW ST head and the only place I see to get them is CGG

Does any one have any other links or thoughts for a good 4-5kw gen head for old put put?

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: re furbishing the power line 6-1 and need help with generator head
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 12:50:27 AM »
Hey Half Crazy I imported one from China.  haven't run it yet so no idea of quality.  I just got onto Ali Baba and there were something like a couple of thousand listings.  I winnowed it down to a few by checking the boxes for hopeful-sounding things like "independantly audited" and "gold-standard guarantee money-back" and "trade assurance".  No way to know if any of those assurances are real or if they are just like the "QC Passed" stickers the Chinese stick on everything?  Cost was $US400 plus ($NZ27.00 negligible) freight.  I used their "trade Assurance" service and feedback & communication were very good.  Always a bit of a punt, though, direct importing?  Cheers, Mike

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:42:20 AM »
We also stock 100's of various heads for Lister power generation. gary@dieselgen.com
gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 02:29:27 AM »
We also stock 100's of various heads for Lister power generation. gary@dieselgen.com
gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman

Hey Gary, hey Half Crazy

Gary's right, of course.  His machines are up there in the northern hemisphere, very well-priced in $US, from a Chinese supplier who is well-known to them,  and backed by a local supplier.  They're a much better proposition.

I bought one from China because it was more do-able down here (and kinda fun) 

Cheers

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 10:57:56 AM »
Given the post from Starfire, El Cheapo Generator, might that be worth a look?
At least you'd know the quality of the motor and if it's bought cheap enough then spending a few bob on the control gear might make economic sense.

Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.