Puppeteer

Author Topic: ST AVR upgrade  (Read 10774 times)

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: ST AVR upgrade
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »
Mike, does that XW inverter have generator support, do you use it, and if you do how does it work with the Listeroid power?
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 06:48:26 AM »
Mike, does that XW inverter have generator support, do you use it, and if you do how does it work with the Listeroid power? 

The way generator support is implemented is amazing.   I can set it for the amount of power I want to draw from the generator, and then it figures out how much the loads are, and if there is any juice left over for battery charging.  Therefor, I can set a stable load on the generator.  It tracks and syncs the listeroid and st-5 just fine.  If the loads increase (blow dryer is the usual culprit) charging cuts back, and if the generator load limits would be exceeded, it switches to Generator Assist, where it makes up power from the batteries, and aids the generator till the loads reduce.  Then it's back to battery charging.  Totally seamless.
There are only about 5 interrelated settings to set up, but once it's figured out, it works great.

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »
That was supposed to be there on my Outback inverters, all I got was the menu item.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.