Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister LPA2 engine wire diagram  (Read 5013 times)

gchank

• View Profile
Lister LPA2 engine wire diagram
« on: June 26, 2016, 11:44:51 PM »

I bought a genset LPA2 with a newage stamford head off a older fire truck.  It has less than 200hrs.  That said all the wiring on the fuel cut off coil are gone (dam junk yard).  How does one go about finding a wiring diagram for that coil and engine.  It had a pull, hold and release on the coil (i think)  ?  I got it running but had to hold the rod open so it runs and has fuel.  I cant find any lister diagrams for this type of engine anywhere.

Thanks

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Lister LPA2 engine wire diagram
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 01:21:14 AM »
LPA and LPW are often set up the same... if the unit does not have a multi-position solenoid for engine idling, then it is just a simple matter of Energize to Run. You would make a circuit through the oil pressure switch and high engine temperature switch through the solenoid and back to ground. The control switches involved should use the Normally Closed on the High Engine Temp switch and Normally Open on oil pressure terminals. This will cause a start delay until the oil pressure comes up and opens the solenoid. You should have an on-off switch in the circuit as well to allow key shutdown and to disengage the battery. We have everything Lister published for that unit as well as a good parts stock for them.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

gchank

• View Profile
Re: Lister LPA2 engine wire diagram
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:12:32 PM »
Very good thanks  Got it figured out now and the pull and hold coil is now working, thanks for the information