Puppeteer

Author Topic: LISTER CS 8/1 GENUINE SET OF DRAWINGS AVAILABLE FOR SALE  (Read 16720 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: LISTER CS 8/1 GENUINE SET OF DRAWINGS AVAILABLE FOR SALE
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
Well done!

Nice to know that the worlds longest running single design engine is going to continue to evolve.

Nicer still you have a little something for the future too.

Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 02:47:39 PM »
In what country are these being used?

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 08:19:20 AM »
/\ It's going to be one of the following: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam. And that's as much as I am going to say ;)

Below is a link to an example of part of a Wooden pattern for a crankcase that was made by their pattern maker, and been an expert wood carver in a previous career the castings obtained from the patterns he has made are comparable in surface finish and quality to original Lister castings.

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/listermad/media/P1040454.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Below is a link which illustrates the quality of a finished cast component (exhaust manifold flanges), comparing from left to right: original Lister, Indian, and the locally manufactured item. Notice the raised areas around the bolt holes that have been spot faced (not easy to see in this view). Not even Lister went to this degree of machining.

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/listermad/media/P1040506.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Finally in this part of the world importation of Lister (and to a lesser extent Petter) engines started before Lister even made diesel engines. So it is possible to locate some really hard to find Lister parts (I had been looking for one of these for years), a Lister CS twin exhaust manifold, which would only be found on 10/2 engines and then subsequently was only available as an optional extra from 12/2 production on wards

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/listermad/media/P1040461.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:24:18 AM by listard-jp2 »

Apogee

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 07:10:30 PM »
I would really like to know who the company was so we could contact them to purchase parts.  I'm sure they too would like to see a return on their investment.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 09:11:59 PM »
I would strongly second that request... any improvements in the parts pool would be most welcome regardless of where in the world they are coming from.

It has long been a pet peeve of mine that Lister has remained so secretive and closed about their business practices and also micro-managing their subsidiaries. It is my opinion that this methodology and world-view has, at least in part, been responsible for weakening and damaging the Lister brand in the long run - ultimately to their own demise. If they weren't so protective of their short-sighted control, they could have been much more effective and even instrumental in combatting the sub-standard stuff coming onto the market.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations