Author Topic: Blasphemy..... Solar power.  (Read 33740 times)

LowGear

• Casey
  • From now on! If it ain't diesel - I aint goin!
    • View Profile
Re: Blasphemy..... Solar power.
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2017, 06:29:52 PM »
Does Australia receive FOX News?  Humor is where you find it.

I think this last page of posts underline Elon Musk's current criticism of Hydrogen powered fuel cell power.  When we have way more electrical power than we need then that tune will most likely change.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2017, 10:56:10 PM »

Hydrogen is a feel good scam for the greenwashed to attract investment Dollars.
It's not an energy source, it's simply a storage medium.... With a hell of a lot of practical drawbacks that mean it will never see wide spread use.

LowGear

• Casey
  • From now on! If it ain't diesel - I aint goin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »
Good Grief

So how is the big solar storage thing going?
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2017, 11:38:28 PM »

I believe it's going very well to make Musk about $50m in cash and add to the hype of RE.

Great scam that was too....."I'll build it in 100 days or it's free but my mate who I cooked this up with, has to sign off on the connection before the clock starts which will take till I'm  3/4 the way through building the thing. "

Independent experts are confident it should have enough capacity to boil the kettles in every home in the state, once...... as long as 80% of them have gas.   ::)

If you think I'm solar Smitten as a save the world solution just because I'm using it and stuffing around in my own back yard, You'd be very wrong.

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2017, 10:40:18 AM »
Im pretty impressed with my Chinese solar panels. Have had 30 amps for 10 hours  a day now for nigh on a week, batteries are bulging with hot electrons. Lister hasnt run for the longest time in its history, its looking a little lost and neglected.
This is my first summer with a decent lot of PVs... they are pretty boring, no moving parts, no comforting exhaust note, and have never heard my batteries bubbling before because of the noise.
Just read an article, China is now leading in  electric vehicle , battery technology and solar panel manufacture.
My next battery bank will be a 2 kW Toyota Prius battery pack rewired to 48 volts. These are $3000NZ new, very competitive with a similar bank of lead acid.
Im sure a charge controller can be designed to allow car alternators to charge these correctly without damage.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Today at 09:38:22 AM »
Hey Starfire, re China and EVs

Dunno if you take any notice of the Nurburgring?  It's kinda THE forum to sort out the men from the boys when someone claims to be making a genuinely fast car.  Not just fast in a straight line, or fast off the mark, or fast through a set of tight bends - but genuine real-world point-to-point FAST

Last time I looked the fastest thing around the Nurburgring was, you guessed it, a 1400 HP, Chinese-built electric car

Way of the future perhaps?