Puppeteer

Author Topic: Canadian Customs Codes?  (Read 2965 times)

Mikofox

• View Profile
    • The Tattered Flag
Canadian Customs Codes?
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:35:32 PM »
I would appreciate if someone who has already imported a Listeroid and/or ST Head, could post the Canadian Customs Tariff Code for 'Stationary Diesel Engines' and 'ST Heads or Alternators'.

Skype Me: Mikofox

Mikofox

• View Profile
    • The Tattered Flag
Re: Canadian Customs Codes?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 07:44:47 PM »
Think I found online what I was looking for.
8408.90.00 for the Listeroids and
8501.61.10 00 for the alternators

the Customs Tariff website is at: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/general/publications/tariff2006/01-99/tblmod-1-e.html
Skype Me: Mikofox

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian Customs Codes?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 04:05:04 PM »
I was under the impression that since the infamous Quebec ice storm a few years ago Canada Customs made new provisions allowing for the tax and duty free importation of emergency power generators.  This was in response to the inexcusable extra hardship and subsequent complaints caused by the previous policy which prevented the quick clearance of gensets headed to Quebec during that emergency.

Rather than inporting the engine and ST head as separate line items I would be inclined to try to bring these components, if together, as an unassembled "emergency power generator".

Anyone try this?

BTW, I have just recently discovrered this site and am very keen to participate as it appears it will provide an ideal place to share and discuss my own work with alternate energy and small diesels on a windy farm NW of Toronto.  I scratch  built a 10 kW, 3-phase genset last year based on a 1.5 litre, 1980 VW Rabbit diesel engine (featured project on George's Utterpower site).  I also found and restored an original 1966,  Petter, 12 HP air cooled single cylinder, direct injection diesel with 5 kW single phase alternator. I'm now hoping to acquire a Listeroid 6/1, and a 1115 Changfa and have a large DIY wind turbine under construction.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dualĀ  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion