Author Topic: Scattered / Give it up  (Read 3872 times)

Earl Beverly

• View Profile
Scattered / Give it up
« on: March 06, 2016, 12:57:47 PM »
Hi Folks,
This is the 3rd major scatter of my Metro clone 6/1 after 10 years of running power to my cabin (no grid power here - ever). First was the water pump shaft broke inside of the pump. All looks well until an engine seize. 2nd was oil splash spoon broke off. All looked well until engine seize. This time timing gear scattered. Credit is due the engine as it has seen about six years of service.
I have the parts to rebuild and will, but want to change to an original Lister CS 6/1 for the balance, quality, and dependability. Most everyone that is really into these engines does not have "an" engine. You have an engine, a back-up engine and a couple of back-ups for the backup... So, its time to give it up! You have 5 or 6 engines, you can sell one and still have a crowd, and you have another project you need to pay for. So please shine a torch in the back corner of you shop and pick out a good Lister 6/1 CS to sell.

Earl Beverly

Off Grid 15 years.
Numerous surplus military MEP-002 & 003's
Metro 6/1 with UtterPower PMG. 
Red diesel, WMO, WVO, Waste transmission fluid, Waste hydraulic fluid, recovered kerosene, gasoline & diesel.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Scattered / Give it up
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »
What is your location Earl?

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Earl Beverly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 03:03:30 AM »
Hi DM,
I just saw your post. My location is Shepherd, Texas (East Texas - 65 miles north of Houston).
Earl B.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 07:15:31 AM »
We have a range of original Dursley manufactured CS machines from "boat anchor" rusted castings to factory brand new in the crates. Pricing range from $2k to $10k. Of course the clones as well at $2195. Domestic shipping costs not too bad these days... likely around $275 to Shepherd TX.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations