Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

Lister Petter AC1 fixed and variable rpm's

(1/1)

msjanket:
I just bought a Lister Petter AC1 and it presently is fixed rpm at 3600.  How does one change rpm's on this engine?  Do you need a special governor or some sort of alteration to the present governor?  Suggestions highly sought and hope you experienced folks can help me.  thanks

Mike

profoisin:
If you look above the oil filler hole there is a screw that is locked by a large nut "7/8" lossen the large nut then losen the 7/16 screw in the center of the nut till you get to your disired rpm. You will only be able to go to about 2000 rpm it will not go any lower and if you are trying to make a generator like I did I had to go a 1.52 ratio 4.5 inch pulley on the generator at 3600 and a 6.75"  on the motor this gave and engine rpm around 2300 I chose this because as rpm's goes down so does horsepower and it usually takes about 2 hp per kw and at 2300 I can only get about 2kw. :D

bitsnpieces1:
  Ah hah, someone else has an AC1.  They came from Lister Petter as a single speed, a two speed (idle & working), and a variable speed.  The difference is in the bolt mentioned.  The two speed has a moveable rod in place of the fixed bolt with two end stops.  The variable speed has a cable operated mechanism moving the rod to vary the governor position.  You could order the necessary parts from them (Lister Petter) and set it up the way you want.  The manuals can be ordered, they're about $65.00 - $75.00 each.  Parts lists in one, maintenance in the other.  I got my manuals from Kraftpower.com.  Do a search for it. 

Jim Mc:
This book has a decent amount of material on the AC1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Small-Diesel-Engine-1991_W0QQitemZ170002677983QQihZ007QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version