Author Topic: Lister LR1 FOR SALE  (Read 6663 times)

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
Lister LR1 FOR SALE
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:47:46 PM »
*****SOLD ****

I have for sale a Lister LR1.
I imported this from the UK 2 years ago and it has been in storage ever since.
Starts easy and is in very good condition.
Price is $295usd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p-gCgBLXq4

Located in Alberta, Canada

Drop me a PM message if interested.

cheers,
Veggie
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:02:09 PM by veggie »
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

Thob

• View Profile
Re: Lister LR1 FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:34:17 PM »
Veggie,

It would be nice for those of us that are Lister model number illiterate if you would post RPM range, HP range, air cooled vs. water cooled, weight, etc.  Looks air cooled in the video - but I've been wrong before.

Of course, it's a thousand miles from me so I probably won't be up there any time this winter to get it...
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »

Specs are:

Lister LR1
Air cooled
Single Cylinder
1.5 HP @ 750 RPM
2HP @ 1200 RPM
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

richardhula

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:54:31 PM »

Specs are:

Lister LR1
Air cooled
Single Cylinder
1.5 HP @ 750 RPM
2HP @ 1200 RPM

5.25 hp @ 2500 RPM

All Lister models basic spec listed here

George A

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 12:05:07 AM »
Just to satisfy my curiosity......if I see something in Canada I just can't live without, what kind of hoops do you have to jump through in order to get it into the U.S.A.? Any older engines will pass EPA scrutiny and shipping through Fastenal is affordable, but what's involved at the border?
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 03:19:47 AM »
For the most part just a simple inspection is involved. Single engines that are invoiced to show manufacturing date do not normally involve any excess paperwork. Shipping out of Canada is high and there are still a few fees and hoops to jump. Brokerage fees, import bonding and such do take a little bite. Our last pair of small Lister engines out of Canada ran us about $1500 I believe total into Kansas. You have to buy them cheap to make it worthwhile.  ;)

dieselgman
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:22:15 AM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 09:54:54 AM »
I  have also imported several older engines from Canada and my experiences have been same as Gary, hassle free as long as you follow the rules and it is old enough to be called an antique or call it a collector engine, just do NOT call it a working diesel generator as for some reason that sets of alarms and just about guaranties hassles, and added costs at the border according to my customs agency.  A totally legal way to circumvent the (very slight) chance of EPA interference is to disable the engine so it is labeled non-running parts on your customs forms. It doesnt have to be taken down into bits,just havethe shipper remove a couple easy but necessary parts and presto!. Then have them shipped in a seperate box via mail or UPS.  Hiring an agent is pretty easy and not expensive, certainly less expensive than a screw up at at the border and it "greases wheels" if you get my drift?
  As for the shipper If it is light enough to go UPS or FedEx your best bet is to let them handle things a to z.  It wil cost you some $$ but pretty much guaranties that the shipment gets from point A to pint B.  If it must go truck freight then it is best to find a concern that regularly crosses the border.  I have used Caneda Transport several times and they are A1 for both service and cost. http://www.caneda.com/About_Caneda_Transport.html

X2 on what Gary said about purchase prices and the item must have pretty good value once here or it just doesn't work out unless you live close ot the border, have the ability to haul it your self and do your own paperwork.   

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:07:15 PM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

George A

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 12:48:50 PM »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input. Occasionally, engines that I would dearly love to have show up for sale in Canada, and I really have no problem with paying a professional import agent if I want it bad enough. Usually, the cost would work out to be almost the same as an engine already here in the states but it's the issue of availability. Since the EPA clamped down on our hobby (and that's exactly what they did...don't kid yourself) the number of affordable engines has dwindled considerably. If you want my personal opinion of the EPA and their arrogant, massive, growing power.......PM me. But be prepared for "colorful" language in the response........

I bought my Vidhata, along with an ST5, from Joel back in 2005 for a whopping $800.......including the shipping! It's the old "if I knew then what I know now" scenario. I should have floated a loan and bought a butt load of 6/1's and Changfas while the gettin' was good :)! Oh, the ST went to my brother in law, so we split the costs. The result was that the Vidhata cost me roughly 500 bucks at that time............
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.