Author Topic: The Listeroid Chronicles-WMO and Other Listeroid Modifications  (Read 176559 times)

glort

• View Profile
Re: The Listeroid Chronicles-WMO and Other Listeroid Modifications
« Reply #750 on: July 31, 2018, 11:02:14 PM »
I also like working with DC..and find the discomfort about 1/4 that of AC for any given voltage.

Funny, the conses of opinion with many installers on a local forum is that DC is much worse than AC.  Given the cupcake nature of sai Forum, I'm not at all surprised.
So far I have only had a couple of Very minor licks with DC.  Working on wiring for arrays later in the evening when I though it was dark enough they would have shut down . I was surprised in that I felt a Buzz just like with AC that I have also never got a proper hit from.... and never want to.

but if you've seen one that makes you think multiple gaps are not doing what I think they are, let me know, please. 

Nope, if I inferred that gaps weren't effective in my ramblings somewhere, must have been a Typo or brain fade because I never meant to . I like DC as well in that I can get a couple of wires and pull big, long Sci-Fi look arcs with it and bemuse myself. I think the multiple criss cross against a 3 phase breaker would be a very clever way of switching DC with cheap compnents and can't see why it wouldn't work within limitations.  If you have 5 KV  would be different but for home solar... Should be great.

You might recall a while back I was trying to switch DC with a normal AC relay and found that switching the loads rather than on/off worked perfectly well. 
Rather than turn the DC OFF, by using a DPDT relay and providing a Dump load on the off side arcing was reduced to that of a heavy AC load being switched.
Yesterday I found another example of that.  I Disconnected on array off an inverter that was paralleled with another array.  I did this to see the readout of power I was getting from each array.  there was NO arcing what so ever.  Surprised me a bit so I did it multiple times with different arrays and still nothing.
There are some very Non Linear behaviors with this stuff.

Also had a play with my Hydrogen generator.  It's still going in the same soloution. Think I had a broken/ internally corroded wire .  Was Fiddling with it, topped up the soloution with water, re attached the wires and off it went with great Gusto. Once I have it set up the way I want, I'm going to try taking the 2 broken panels off it ( which still work perfect)  and divert a 3Kw 300+V array and see what that does. Hoping it should boil it like a kettle!

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #751 on: August 01, 2018, 08:34:00 AM »
Midnight Solar has 150V DC switch rated breakers for about $20 US.

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 01, 2018, 10:25:41 AM »
Hi Guys,

I stand corrected for my incomplete posting regarding multi gaps for DC.... Here is my experience and a little of my own home brewed "folk lore" to clarify....

AC breakers generally have a fairly weak return spring on the lower voltage, lower current stuff, the 110 to 380V, 5 to 80A, in particular..... The intermittent arc caused by AC has natural 0 point crossings where the arc falls away and the plasma stops/slows in forming.... This allows for a slower opening contact to be effective and breaking the arc/plasma gap...

Once a plasma bridge has been formed, it can sustain fairly easily on DC, much more so than on AC. Glort's playing around, mine too, for example creating a mini arc at 30V DC with a 10A panel is a fair example.... This is quite difficult to sustain to the same gap with an AC supply...

If you use an AC breaker for switching Highish current DC, albeit at a reduced voltage, in general I have found to get a decent life from the device, a rating of between 2 to 4 times the current capacity is required in the contact area side of things. Lets face it, 20A is 20A, the actual carrying capacity of the device is not affected,  DC or AC. The difference in life is caused by the switching time... If you use a slowly opening set of contacts that allow an arc to draw on DC, the life is diminished drastically. Multiple contacts opening simultaneously on a slowly activating device will help to a small degree, but not a dramatic one (my experience here) .... A somewhat more "beefier" contactor, with a faster opening time, makes a huge difference in longevity. Whilst the contact and conductor sectional areas are well above what is required for the carrying of the load, they are not what is of consequence... The opening time and opening gap is....

But hey, feel free to agree or disagree, I am simply relating what I have found and what has worked for me... (With my own twisted logic involved to explain it.... Lol...)

Incidentally, I was forced into using an AC contactor that was only just within rating for carrying current capacity some years back on a DC panel...(Size restraint, availability and budget...don't ask).... My solution was quite "different".... Stripped the contactor down, pulled out the return spring and put in one that was so hard that the contactor could only just pull in on the coil.... Opened much faster and way less arcing after that.... Downside: it buzzed a bit when held in, but not too badly....

Multiple gaps will improve matters slightly, as will compressed air blown between the contacts during opening, or even oil bath contacts. Another easy and simple way is to put a capacitor across the contact to reduce the opening arc, a la points and condenser...

Regarding opening gaps - the "sustainability" of an arc in free air, is (if I remember correctly) roughly inversely proportional to the square of the distance the arc has to travel.... (Way out of my comfort zone her, so I might be talking crap)... If I understand this correctly, founded on my "zero-based stochastic estimate", in a 6 contact arc break of 1mm travel, we end up with a factor of  (1/(1^2))/6 =  1/6..... A single pair of contacts opening 6mm would give us a factor of 1/(6^2) = 1/36 likelihood of sustaining an arc.... Granted, probably mostly BS and a lot of rambling.... but hey, hasn't failed me yet!

Regarding DC dangers and my BS relating to it.... AC lets you know from a much lower starting voltage that bad shit is about to happen from a discomfort POV due to the oscillating cycle and nervous reaction thereto... because DC doesn't have the oscillating effect on the nerves, much less discomfort is felt initially. When skin resistance meets its match in the DC arena, muscular spasm causing one to grab hold tightly onto the exposed conductor, thereby lowering resistance still further and the "solid" contraction on the muscles involved....well, I don't think we need go much further, especially if the body forming the bridge has the current flowing across the chest area.... There is one vital organ that needs intermittent nervous stimulation to keep pumping.... block that stimulation out with more than about 30ma and suddenly it all goes dark...

The most likely injuries to be found, I would think, in DC engineering would be of a "burn" nature... Most of the "WTF was I doing" instances come from lower voltage, high current short circuits - the wedding ring that cauterizes a finger, the metal watch strap that forms a neat bridge on the DC buss, the bling chain making a neck worn gold fuse, the 10mm spanner that forms a wonderful high current fuse while held in the palm of your hand, or, maybe even, that bit of gaseous copper that coats your safety glasses (we all wear them right?) after snipping off that last sticky-outy-piece which homes like a guided missile towards and between the buss bars yet again.... Simple, easily occurring injuries that could easily be avoided...

Regarding the arcing, or lack thereof when disconnecting or connecting parallel banks: Easy to understand - For an arc or spark to form, there must be enough voltage differential across the gap to initiate it. The current alone would not be sufficient at the levels we are concerned with... When a parallel bank is disconnected from the array, yes, the buss voltage does drop slightly, but not to 0. A typical voltage drop would be in the region of a few volts, probably less than 5. The free panel voltage would rise a few volts, but probably not too much either. The nett voltage across the contact would probably be less than 10v... Lower voltage, less arc, littler bang! .... Again my (il)logical explanation that keeps me going....

Glort, are you crazy? 300V of DC into a Hydrogen generator!! Hydrogen will kill you! So will 300V! The world is going to end!! Let me get my will organized! When are you going to do it so I can turn on my seismic monitoring plant? Have you let NASA know what you are doing so they can reschedule their launch windows?.... .... ... ... . . . Uhhhh.....Nope! Have fun and let me know how it goes!! Are you doing separation of H2 or simply generating Browne's gas?

Ah well.... Enough rambling and BS (from me anyway)....  Those in the know, please comment, correct, and set me straight!

Keep it shining....

Cheers
Ed
12/1 750RPM/9HP Roid 5kVA- WMO Disposal/Electricity & Hot Water Gen
12/1 650RPM/8HP Roid 4.5kVa - Demon Dino
Chinese Yanmar - Silent Runner with AutoStart
Classic Komatsu 1963 Dozer/Fergusson 35 Gold Belly ...
Bikes,Cars,Gunsmithing & Paintball...Oh yes, a 5Ha open air Workshop to play in!

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 01, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »
Hey Glort, if you are playing with Browns gas be careful, I did some experimenting ten years back and managed to blow the windows out of my garage despite having the doors open, lost some hair and both eyebrows couldn`t hear for several hours. Best to separate the hydrogen and vent the oxygen to atmosphere. Failing that you can significantly reduce the explosive nature of the beast by diluting it with regular air before compressing it for later use.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 01, 2018, 01:24:48 PM »

No Bob, No Hohoho gas for me.  Just hydrogen.

I set the thing up finally this afternoon as I was feeling too buggered to work on the tractor.
Cut the bottom out of a 110L plastic drum ( with astonishing neatness for me!)  and screwed a thin metal plate under the lip.
Got another plate and screwed that to the press on rim stand this unusual drum has being very careful not to penetrate the drum and introduce oxygen into the hydrogen.

Attached the relevant wires and screwed them down good and tight and sank it all in the larger 240L drum.
The way I have it the Hydrogen plate is in the drum itself and the Oxygen plate is outside so the Oxygen can mix inside with the hydrogen.
This afternoon around 3 pm I was getting 130W into the setup so it will be interesting to see how much gas I can make tomorrow. I still have a bit of space on that side of the shed roof so I might put another couple of panels up there and wire them to this as well.

Also been using an urn as a dump load for when the main array voltage goes too high so was thinking about testing how full mains voltage would go at about 500 W though the thing.  Least that would be a good way of storing the excess energy I can't do much with now. Might have 4x 200L drums floating in an IBC for gas storage soon!

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 01, 2018, 02:07:04 PM »

Great post Ed.

You say you are ambling, I say I'm learning a lot.
Everything you say makes sense to me. Also gells with my hands on ( still attached) experience.
A lot of people, mainly the NON DIY types and the Pussy/ saftey sissy brigade that have to cover themselves in safety gear to do the washing up say I'm mad and crazy for what I do with wiring up my solar stuff.

The truth is i'm actually pretty scared of it which in this case I thing is a good thing.
I ALWAYS make sute there is a broken connection on the DC side before touching anything. I don't care about switches, I recognise I'm stupid enough to look at one which is on and thing it's off.  Even if I have to drag my lazy arse up a ladder, I get up and make sure one of those connectors is unplugged therefore breaking the circuit.

I also make sure only to ever touch one wire/ side of the DC at a time so I don't get fried.  Only thing I really have any trouble with is those stupid DC MC4 connectors. Positive off the panels on the generation side, need the opposite connector to be the positive on the Load side.  With 2 wires there is a 50% chance of getting it right but I seem to get it wrong 85% of the time and the harder I think it through the better chance I have of stuffing it.
Recognising this failing, I now TRIPLE check polarity before connecting anything with a meter.
Haven't had the magic smoke escape yet but that's only been really good luck rather than management.

I do take my time, think things through and if I didn't JUST disconnect that connector, I go back and check again.  Never been really belted and my fear of getting a smack is not a bad thing in this case. Well except when I am on tender hooks trying to figure where the bad connection is or what I did wrong only to discover after re doing everything I forgot in my excitement that connector I uncoupled up on the roof.    :embarassed:

You think I should stand in the shed, the neighbors shed perhaps when I throw the breaker on the solar array into the electro setup?
I'd be doing it via the net from another state if I were doing brown stains gas.
I once filled a paper bag with that stuff and let it off. Though I was going to take out windows with it.  That stuff scares me too.
I see these guys on YT making brazing torches with it and liters stored in their contraptions and I realise I'm the sanest muther in the world compared to these Fruitloops.

The thing you say about the spanner forming a fuse rings true with me.  Since I was about 16, 3 times now I have dropped a spanner onto battery terminals and had the things go off.  As such I also don't have batterys on the floor where there is anything above that can drop on them.
The last battery I had go off was about 2 years ago.  I thought it was a good battery and I was just using it to start one of my Diesels. It was properly hooked up with tight connectors but I was turning the engine over and  BOOM! Acid and plastic got me square in the face. I stood there for a few seconds like a stuffed dummy taking account of what just happened.  Saw Daughter come rushing to the back door a millisecond before I hit the green cold water of the swimming pool. that made her even more worried as to why I was launching into the swamp fully dressed in the middle of winter. 

I'd felt the acid start on my arms and face and could see I was covered in it so best and fastest way to neutralise it was in the water directly behind me.
Guess I was in a bit of shock because I didn't even feel the cold water.  Mentioned it to daughter later and she said are you OK, the water is freezing.  It almost was. Got a thermo and it was 6 oC. Felt warm when I was in there.

Nope, No blowup gas for me.  I may well be crazy but i'm not THAT stupid. Oxy is well vented and hydrogen only is captured.

Once got a burn off a bracelet when working on a car. Shorted the starter terminal and the Chassis out with the jewellery.  Only arced a second but it DID leave a mark and a very painful one.
Before I was born, Uncle lost a finger while working on a telephone exchange battery bank, all 2 Volts of it.  May have been 2 Volt but was probably 10K amps . BIG battery pack with very heavy Connectors across a lot of old tar sealed cells. Melted the gold wedding ring and cooked the finger right through so it had to come off.

Jewellery is banned for a lot of sparkys in industrial situations and that's one safety rule I fully agree with.

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 01, 2018, 03:11:39 PM »
Hey Glort....

About the only lasting injury that messed me around happened while working on a tractor front end .... I had split it and wheeled the back end away, was doing the clutch.... Another joker had to do the lights on the front end, and without my knowledge, he hooked up the battery.... All was well until I reached up onto the tappet cover while leaning on the ring gear and had some metal tool fall squarely across the starter motor solenoid terminals.... dragged the end of my right thumb through the loose bendix/ring gear.... All of a sudden having part of an extremity turned to minced sausage meat certainly brings new and unique vocabulary to an audible level.... I think I carried on for about an hour....WITHOUT repeating myself....

A band aid, piece of splint and a couple of weeks of discomfort and all was well eventually... I did go to the doctor initially, but he mentioned words like "Lets just trim off the ragged bits, they'll never heal into anything useful anyway....".... A long story short, I told him to go forth and multiply, wrapped my hand up and set sail.... Still have a whole right thumb that is 100% serviceable these days, just a bit bigger than the left!! (being slightly bigger it seems to attract hammer blows more frequently..)

Cheers
Ed
Bikes,Cars,Gunsmithing & Paintball...Oh yes, a 5Ha open air Workshop to play in!

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 01, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »

Reminds me of Playing with one of my  engine- car alternator setups.  Had it running late one evening and reached for something and the fan on the alt caught my right thumb.
You know something is bad when the pain is not that great, the bleeding is not very much but you can see bone and bits of flesh hanging off everywhere and it's numb feeling.
I could move it still but while it certainly hurt, it was clear it should have hurt more which was the real worry. 

Did as we brothers do, went in wrapped it up  filth dirty as it was and kind of didn't do a lot about it for a few days.  Mrs saw it and being a bit hard to move that much later,  insisted I go to doc. He took one look, asked me to move it and when I did said it's just a deep cut, will be OK, I'll give you some Stitches,  antibiotics and a tetanus injection.... which hurt like hell!
Next week I was helping a mate install a boiler in a public Pool. Was whinging thumb was sore but put in a couple of 18 hr days and a 15 Hr.  He told my I was a pussy and to stop going on about it.

Month later it's still bloody sore to move. Felt like a fresh sprain.

In the mean time, my son has hurt his finger. Went to punch his sister in a squbble, she saw it coming and grabbed his hand to fend him off and sprained his thumb quite bad.  Doc sent him to the hand hospital in town and with my finger still sore, got a refferal to have mine looked at too.
They thought we had been in a car accident, both father and son having injuries to hands at the same time. Bit amused when we said they happened a month apart and if so, why had I waited this long to come in?

Upshot was they xrayed my thumb and then I was told a specialist would come to see me.  Guy showed up was the head of plastic Surgery which was a worry.  He asked me again how I did it and how long ago. I told him and  he just looked at me bewildered like with that WTF look, he said " Wasn't this sore, didn't it hurt like hell? " I said yes but thought it was just a sprain and I had been to the doc and he said was fine.
Guy pulls out Xrays and shows me the thumb is split across 2 Bones diagonally with a small V shaped Chip in one of them .

He points out the bones are perfectly aligned and started to knit again. He says " Congratulations, you have made me redundant"  I gave him the look and he says " If you had come here when you did this, I would have had you in surgery straight away, no waiting, fast as I could get you in.  If I operated and the finger repaired itself this well, I would have shown these xrays to collouges to show how skillful I was. Looking at what I can see even now, I would have said the odds of getting your finger back this good were less than 5% had I operated.  You have somehow got the bones back as perfectly as physically possible. these ere serious breaks but you will have no lasting effects at all. "

Then again he looks at me and says I just can't understand how you weren't in agony with this. Then I told him about laboring for the mate and at that point I think he just wrote me off as some sort of moron without enough sense to feel pain. I'd felt it allright, just thing it was something I had to put up with.

There was an upside......

Both son and I who was about 16 at the time were sent to this Dr. whom the surgeon told us was young and just qualified but was very good and talented at what she did. 
My god, this woman was an angel.  Stunning good looks, a manner that had you falling in love with her in about 10 second flat and a reassuring tone and touch that made being there something to look forward to.  She was exceptional in every way.  When we were wrapped up and finished, she looked at our files and said you will both need to have the dressings and splints changed 3 times, no need to come here, you can go to the other hospital that is closer to you.
Both son and I couldn't tell her fast enough, no, that was Ok, much prefer to come here.  Took a little convincing but we weren't going ANYWHERE else!
My son's finger needed manipulating which was painful but she could not have been more reassuring and comforting to him. Really went beyond what one could even hope for and reassured him he was not being weak with it hurting, he was in fact very brave and she was impressed. I'm sure that meant a lot to him at the time.

Went back the 2 required times and 3rd time Mrs came to see whom this one we had been raving about was like. She admitted she was incredible in looks and her mannerisms. Doc even won wife over with taking care of her boys and complimenting  her on the men in the family, particularly her handsome young son.  Woman could have been a millionaire in a year had she gone into selling Private jets or yachts.

After that, I have never used an external fan alternator again and very wary whenever I have to work on any car that till has one.

Another time I minced my hand when taking the thick glass out of a broken door I was repairing. Why I tried to catch a piece of falling broken glass I'll never know.  Off to the medical center, had a good time with the asian doctor making jokes that appealed to both our warped sense of humor, all good.
Make appointment to go back to GP to have stitches removed.  As I'm leaving, I go to put the dog out who wants to play and mouths my hand catching the stitches.  I pull my hand away and put her out and go to the doc and in a miracle of all miracles, walk straight in.

She asks what I'm there for, I tell her and stick my hand out to show her.... No stitches.  Barely a mark.
Dog must have removed them when she caught them on her teeth.Ther were there when I had a shower before I left! All I felt was a slight pull but no pain.  Doc has a close look with a magnifier, nope all gone, washes my hand with antiseptic and i'm back home.

Dr Dog.

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 01, 2018, 06:12:20 PM »
Hey Glort....

The only way they get me into hospital is unconscious, in a straight jacket.... The best method of sedation would probably be a tranqu gun! The jacket would be required from creating merry hell as I escape...

Realistically though, the only time I generally see a doc is to stitch something up that I cant reach on my own.... Where crazy glue wont stop the insides from becoming involuntary outsides....

I have been very ??lucky?? so far in my life, no chronic meds etc, and a fairly high pain threshold.... Kinda baffled my doc when I went to him with a mild stomach discomfort.... The bastard hit me with a strong pain killer type thing and then asked me to meet him at the local hospital after work to just check me over.... he was doing an afternoon shift there.... Bugger grabbed me, stuffed me on a gurney and wheeled me into theater.....   Appendicitis quite badly i was told...When I came to later that eve he asked me, while I was still high on anesthetic, what I thought of my new me, now that he had done the sex change..... I jumped bolt upright, carefully feeling for my manly bits and proceeded to try and vacate the premises.... RAPIDLY... Was all a good laugh... and the fasterest I have sobered up ever!!!!!

A couple of weeks after that he gave me a call to come and get the stitches taken out.... Too late I announced to him, I had removed them myself a few days prior....

All good fun, I like wearing my clothes out from the inside! (Which will probably be the death of me one day, but then again, I am to dumb too die from normal means I reckon.... With a life goal of being shot to death by a jealous husband while I am at the age of 95 or more....what would any normal body expect.....)

Cheers
Ed

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 02, 2018, 01:53:46 AM »

The doctor asking about the sex change is a classic!

This past year I have had a LOT of dental work done. 10  teeth taken out the first time, 4 the next, top and bottom dentures.
Taken most of those stitches out myself as well bar the ones I can't get to with the Mrs pointy nail scissors.  Pretty funny when I go back  to him and and he's asking where have all the stitches gone? Did you get someone else to take them out?
Yeah, Me! They get very annoying and sore after a week.

I think he's over cautious or has a lot of patients that a bigger pussies than me.
I got the bottom plate about a month ago. Same old, they will hurt, they always do, you will need to come back for a couple of adjustments per week for about a month, don't leave it till you get ulcers..... typical fear and worry.
Yes, after about 3 days I got a couple of sore spots at the back but nothing much. Fine now and I haven't been back to him once. Might go back tomorrow actually because I still haven't settled the full bill and been waiting for his receptionist to ring chasing me.
I think the guy is better than he realises. Most work I have ever had done and an insignificant amount of pain compared to much lesser things.

Sounds like you have a fine life goal Ed. My financial one has always been to pay $1M tax a year. I figure by that time I'm earning so much I have an accountant on  staff full time and they are probably going to have me paying about 10C on the dollar so I'm not going to give a damn if I'm keeping $9m a year.

I don't care so much about living or Dying, I just don't want to get sick. Paranoid about getting cancer. Family history of it and seen what it does too many times.  With the stuff I have played round with, I'd say it's almost a matter of when than if but when I am told I have it, all this solar and generators will have a whole new use.  Can off myself and the Mrs will still get a payout because it will be looked at as I had it coming with all the years of doing this rather than intentional.  Maybe I better put up some more YT vids with the 3KW, 300V Hydrogen generator as backup.

If she wants to raise the policy payout and starts encouraging my playing around, maybe I should get worried.
Come to think of it, when I told her I was buying 5 Generators she didn't say much other than can you clean some of that other crap out the shed then before they arrive.

This might be my last post.   :-[

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 04, 2018, 09:41:58 AM »
Hey Glort....

I have a very strange financial life goal.... I loathe and detest money, unfortunately its a necessary evil as we all know, it is needed for critical things, generally when you can least afford it...

My financial life goal is to have no money or need thereof..... Weird one, isn't it....

Every time in the past I have accumulated funds, life has become a misery... No sooner did I take another step towards the moneyless goal by purchasing materials, than someone, sometime, steps out of the woodpile to try and relieve you of the funds you have left that you have worked so hard to accumulate...

Now, in general, I try and use as much throwaway by others material as possible to further a project... There are exceptions, of course. Certain things are just not available and have to be bought new, those items take a fair amount of consideration before they are purchased...

Point in case... I have nearly completed my solar power setup, self made to the highest specification my skills and savings would allow... The nett goal is not to go completely off grid, but to minimise electricity costs as far as possible... savings were estimated and calculated to determine viability and advantage... The nominal break even will be around 2 to 5 years, assuming I can manage it correctly... Well, those plans are now out the window... The bastards at our local municipality have decided, due to their absolutely blatant mismanagement, thieving and pure ignorance, property rates of smallholdings and farmsteads have been increased to residential rates (an increase of about 300%)....  ie, subsistence farming is no longer an option, we are being taxed on property areas that, while unsuitable for housing due to lack of services and security, are nevertheless going to cost way more than previous... Couple that with a government that has passed laws legalising property appropriation without compensation, a president that has publicly chanted his willful desire to kill the white population...... Not a great place to be I reckon.....

I certainly hope nobody else elsewhere ends up on the endangered species list...

Enough ranting....

Cheers
Ed

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 04, 2018, 11:04:28 AM »
Don't panic, Ed, outspan the oxen, there's room for one more up here........

Gesig noord, kop vorentoe, as my shipmate 'Corbus used to say.

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 04, 2018, 11:15:47 AM »
K noord V voort....

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 04, 2018, 12:37:11 PM »

I learned a long time ago Ed, money is one of the most useless thing in the world.

It won't cure things like cancer and other Disease. You can't pay to reverse time. You can't buy an accident that has already happened from happening. You can't bring lost ones back even though if you could give up every single thing you have and just walk off with them your life would be perfect.

I have had the arse out of my pants and that's no fun but for what REALLY matters,  Meh. That said, the main goal for me with money now is to leave plenty for my daughter so her life can be better than her mothers and mine and hopefully in some way make up for what she has lost and the pain I know she suffers.  She gets back from her trip round the world on thursday.  It's going to be all I can do to let go of her within an hour.  The next suggestion she has of going away will see her chained to the concrete slab the house sits on.

I Looked up the land appropriation.
That is insane! If anyone dare said we are going to take the land from  Black/ asian/ Indian / Klingon or anyone else owned, anywhere else in the world, there would be an international meltdown.  When an african president says it, all they can say is it will hurt investment.  Where the hell is the fairness and balances? If one can't do it, only right that everyone gets the same rules and regulations.

They tried the same garbage in Zimbabwe taking the land and handing it back out to the people that didn't seem to work out too well did it?  President there must have been to Oz. Our Gubbermint are experts at doing what failed everywhere else in the world, repeating it here and expecting the same stupid Idea to be a wonderful success and then still try to defend it when the painfully predictable happens.

There is a SURE FIRE way to get in here Ed with no problems at all.  Just model yourself EXACTLY on the miscreants you know so well there and you'll be through the gate ( ticket paid on quantas) and on arrival get a house, car and money. And I shit you not.  Speak the lanuage, have skills, assets and be compatible and you will be waiting 3-5 Min to get looked at.
Course  a popular way to speed things up is just come for a holiday and grant yourself a permanent  Visa extension. That's a VERY popular thing to do.
Bugger all chance they will come after you and if they do in 10-20 years time, you will have built a whole bunch of excuses to let you stay anyhow.

I am very frustrated ATM. Mrs is saying I am collecting too much Crap again.  I'm very upset by this, especially as it's true and she is right. 
Thing Is I have no idea what to keep and what to get rid of.  Every time now I go to do something, I haven't got what I need and a lot of the times it's just not as easy as going to buy it. Even if you can get real old driving 15-20 min to the hardware place every day.... only to find the one thing they are out of is exactly what you need.  It's hard enough for me to get motivated to do anything again ATM.  Having to run out every time you need a bracket or a bit of metal etc just kills any incentive.  Thing is, I have so much crap, how come so little of it is what I need?

More soul searching and chucking out again tomorrow.
And maybe some picture taking for gumtree ads as well.

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 08, 2018, 12:05:04 PM »
Hey Guys...

While NOT on the subject of Listers....

Pretty much finished the solar installation yesterday, gale force winds forecast for the next couple of days.... Let's see if them thar panels are still up on Monday.....

Also got the mast extension and lifting tackle mounted for the blow gennie, extended guy cables should be here in the next couple of hours or so.... Went a bit OCD on the guys.... 6mm stainless cable, crimped eyes etc... Should last long enough to be my kids problem one day....

Below is a "1000 words" of the pretty much completed install so far....

I am going to move the Blow gennie ultimately, it casts a mast shadow over the panels, just want to see if it performs any better at 10m than its previous and will be worthwhile in this general area before I go around and cast foundation blocks for it....

Comments?

Keep it shining....

Cheers
Ed