Author Topic: Lister LR-1 750 RPM Constant speed Governor Question  (Read 5018 times)

steve c

• My Lister LR1 Engine number 3008-LR-23
    • View Profile
Lister LR-1 750 RPM Constant speed Governor Question
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:32:02 PM »
 HI
   I have acquired  a Lister LR1 750 RPM Fixed speed On removing the Timing gear cover  i discovered that there were no springs on the governor weights  and the speeder spring was over stretched,  i did  unhook the spring before removing the Timing gear cover my question is Should springs be fitted to the governor weights and do i need to replace the stretched  speeder spring
Thanks
Steve  C

Blue

• View Profile
Re: Lister LR-1 750 RPM Constant speed Governor Question
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »
I don't believe springs should be fitted, normally they are just centrifugally operating the speed control but the speeder spring will need replacing. Not sure but look and see if there are obvious points for springs to attach, I don't expect there to be any.

All the best, Blue
Owned; Lister ST1, ST2, JP4, LD1 & 2x Blackstone ERS8. Petter AA1, AC2 and still up for it !!!

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
Governor weight springs are generally fitted for variable speed governor options but typically not on fixed speed. I don't know about that 750 rpm rating though... seems to me that the lowest speed rating on those was around 1,000rpm. There are a number of governor weights and spring combinations designed for various configurations and loading requirements.

I will have to take a look in the old tech literature and update this if my memory is wrong on the lowest speed rating. That engine gets it's best fuel economy vs power at 1500 rpm.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:28:59 PM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

steve c

• My Lister LR1 Engine number 3008-LR-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
Thanks for the advise have fitted a new speeder spring and governor weight springs now in process of re assembling the engine