Author Topic: Lister CE engine Info  (Read 8955 times)

Jake65mm

• View Profile
Lister CE engine Info
« on: September 27, 2015, 03:17:02 AM »
Im looking into buying a Lister CE diesel engine, Its stamped made in england and has Spec- CE2417 on the same plate. Does anybody have any good information regarding this engine and whats it could possibly be worth?

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: Lister CE engine Info
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 07:54:54 AM »
It's worth what your prepared to pay for it  ;D

However if you decide to buy it, make sure you thoroughly inspect it before hand, as the genuine spares situation for this engine and its single cylinder CD counterpart is now getting dire, unless you have deep pockets.
Having said that their is some parts interchangeability with other Lister engines, ie piston rings, fuel injectors, and valve springs.

I also have some NOS genuine spares ie piston, head-gaskets, and valve guides. I can also source big end bearing shells. PM me if any of this sounds interesting.

Jake65mm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 01:49:21 PM »
So do you think in the $1500 range would be to much? It looks in decent shape but I won't be able to tell in till further onsite inspection. The problem is its 6 hrs from my house.

However if you decide to buy it, make sure you thoroughly inspect it before hand, as the genuine spares situation for this engine and its single cylinder CD counterpart is now getting dire, unless you have deep pockets.
Having said that their is some parts interchangeability with other Lister engines, ie piston rings, fuel injectors, and valve springs.

I also have some NOS genuine spares ie piston, head-gaskets, and valve guides. I can also source big end bearing shells. PM me if any of this sounds interesting.

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 03:42:22 PM »
So do you think in the $1500 range would be to much? It looks in decent shape but I won't be able to tell in till further onsite inspection. The problem is its 6 hrs from my house. What are you a sissy 6hr is nothing I drove 2200 miles one way, in the snow, up hill to get my lister cs! Ok so there was no snow but it turned out to be 4600 miles round trip.

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »
I have three of these engines. Lister CE, one is a parts engine so if you get stuck I may be able to help.

As was notes, parts are the real problem as there is no real following for them like the CS engines. I have a broken crank on one of them, and sourcing a replacement has come up empty, other them spending a small fortune to obtain one from across the pond.

richardhula

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 10:28:58 PM »
Im looking into buying a Lister CE diesel engine, Its stamped made in england and has Spec- CE2417 on the same plate. Does anybody have any good information regarding this engine and whats it could possibly be worth?

Lister CD/CE manual here