Puppeteer

Author Topic: WTB: Crank bearing housing, etc  (Read 5149 times)

TxBlacksmith

• View Profile
WTB: Crank bearing housing, etc
« on: June 24, 2015, 10:55:35 PM »
Looking for an original bearing housing that will hold a felt seal.  Surely someone has one laying around from a scrapped engine. 
Also still looking for the little drive rivets for the serial plates etc.   While I am at it, anyone have a spare 8,5 inch twin v pulley they don't need?

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: WTB: Crank bearing housing, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:31:21 AM »
Hi TxB

The rivets are available here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lister-No4-x-1-4-Brassed-Drive-Screws-Rivets-suit-Lister-Engine-Brass-Plates-/201223672990?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2ed9dd949e

Can't imagine that postage to the 'States will be too horrendous given their (lack) of size!

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

listeroil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:02:43 PM »
Hi

I live in the UK and you can have a crank bearing housing for nothing.  Only problem is postage I looked a while ago an it would have cost about £70 to post it to you. So I didnt bother mentioning it.  However if you have a way of collecting it ie friend coming over who could bring it back for or another method.  You are quite welcome to it.

Mick

TxBlacksmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:58:50 PM »
Thanks, I'll take it, according to to my friendly converter, pounds to dollars....thats $107.00 U.S.
I cant find one here in the USA at all....
Can you send me a pic of it?  PM me for shipping info, or is there something here in the states you might need but can get
there?
The only friend of mine that spends time in the UK just moved back here after living there for several years,  :(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:00:44 PM by TxBlacksmith »