General Category > General Discussion

We're moving again....

(1/5) > >>

AdeV:
This is just a heads-up announcement. The hosting is due on the server in a couple of weeks, and since I've had more than a few problems with it over the past couple of years, I've decided to move onto a new host - Host4geeks.com is the one I've chosen, primarily because they offer "fanatical" support, without the "fanatical" price that someone like Rackspace charge....

Since I run more than just LEF on this server, and some of what I run is pretty mission critical, I'll be getting H4G to do a trial migration first; if all goes well with that, then the "real" migration will happen shortly afterwards.

In theory, no-one will even notice when the move takes place, it'll just happen at some point. However, I'm also planning to upgrade the forum software to SMF 2.x, which is more secure, has better features, and a more modern user interface. To give you an idea of what an SMF2 forum looks like, check out http://madmodder.net. If anyone has any compelling reasons why we shouldn't update, drop me a PM or reply to this thread, and we can discuss it.

I'll post a further update when I've got more news for you.

Cheers!
Ade.

mike90045:
thanks for the heads up :)

fabricator:
Hey that's a cool site Ade! Is that another of your sites, you are going to have a new member, kinda like The Home Shop Machinist in the US.

AdeV:

--- Quote from: fabricator on June 02, 2015, 10:45:06 PM ---Hey that's a cool site Ade! Is that another of your sites, you are going to have a new member, kinda like The Home Shop Machinist in the US.

--- End quote ---

It's not one of mine, but I am a member there...

I set this one up & remain as "admin", don't have to do much though as I delegated all the real work :D http://www.modelenginemaker.com

Quinnf:
It's pretty amazing that we haven't seen any spam or undesirable activity here.  Whatever you have been doing has worked well.

Quinn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version