Author Topic: Another 6/1 Restoration  (Read 66100 times)

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: Another 6/1 Restoration
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »
That's one gorgeous restoration, Dieselsmoker!

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2018, 11:50:26 PM »
Incredible, super only the video should last 30 min longer. Really amazing.

Dieselsmoker

• If your genset fails, remeber Ps 119:105 - Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
  • Self-Certified Professional Engine Lover
    • View Profile
    • Get your spares back!
« Reply #242 on: October 04, 2018, 07:45:43 AM »
Wow!

Definitely one of the most beautifully finished, best detailed and well equipped setups I have seen. And runs like a swiss watch as well.

BIG credit to you mate.
Thank you for the kind words. 

Now that one is finished and you have nothing else to do, Can I send you my roid and a Cheque to give it the same once over??
I'd be proud as punch to have something like that in my shed..... or lounge room more likely!
We can talk business if you have LOTS of patience!  :D
This job took only took me 5 years to get here and I've already got more ideas... It really shouldn't take that long but in between life and other projects this build just dragged on forever - but it was well worth it in the end. I hinted at pulling it into the lounge but I was not take seriously. I never got a definate "no", so maybe...  ;)

+1 Glort, what a beautiful restoration, a credit to you and your skills. Hope mine turns out as nice.

I managed to source Oilite bushes for my rockers, right internal/external dimensions but 1/8" too long, not a difficult fix.

Bob
Thank you!
Patience and perseverance and you'll definitaly get there! few people really appreciate the amount of effort it takes to build something like this. 

Oilite is just perfect for this application. Not too easy to come by and cost about the same as gold by weight!   

That's one gorgeous restoration, Dieselsmoker!

Thanks!

Incredible, super only the video should last 30 min longer. Really amazing.
Thanks!
I'll make you a special video - or loop this one  :D
1963 Lister 6/1 genset - Restored
1942 Fairbanks-Morse ZC-208 - Restored
1945 Ruston & Hornsby PB 3HP - To be restored
1954 John Deere 40-S - Current project