Author Topic: Help to identify Lister Model  (Read 16997 times)

ListerGnome

• View Profile
Help to identify Lister Model
« on: February 19, 2015, 03:27:59 PM »
Hi to all. I am currently rebuilding a CS3.5/1. The rebuild is going quite well. I also have another Lister in my shed and cannot find out what model it is. I wanted to attach a photo of the plate, but don't know how.

the info on the plate is as follows:

#240399           Spec 106/13HK
HP  4                RPM   650

Can anyone help?

richardhula

Re: Help to identify Lister Model
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:42:39 AM »
Would this be a hopper cooled paraffin engine by any chance, as that is what the last two letters would suggest?

ListerGnome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 03:16:25 PM »
Richard,

I also picked up something about paraffin whilst trolling the net. The engine does have a sparkplug. I am going to try to post a few pics in the reader's gallery.

richardhula

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:10:21 PM »
The engine serial number places it as being built in 1937. It could be one of a dozen different petrol/paraffin models though - A, B, J, L, H, K, M, N, Q, R, P, X. Guess the K suffix stood for kerosene.

Don't know if it helps but this is a 4hp Lister J series.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:30:48 PM by richardhula »

ListerGnome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:21:30 AM »
Beautiful engine! Please tell me how to post pics and i will post a couple of the engine in question. That may make it easier. It does look quite different to yours though!

richardhula

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »
Beautiful engine! Please tell me how to post pics and i will post a couple of the engine in question. That may make it easier. It does look quite different to yours though!

Take out Photobucket account (free) or similar and upload pictures to it. Each uploaded picture in the case of Photobucket has a series of links - choose the one labelled "IMG" and copy/paste link into forum reply.

dkeav04

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 03:18:24 AM »
imgur.com is another good image posting site, and can post images anonymously if you like.  Can also link directly to the image so don't have to see the photobucket adverts.

ListerGnome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 07:58:17 AM »
Many thanks, I am trying to load Photobucket

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 10:11:54 AM »
Hi there... I took the liberty to repost your info thus: (you were almost there!)  :laugh: It can be a pain to learn at first!
That is an interesting old model! I would like to take a look down inside that cooling hopper!

CS 3.5-1 (above)

dieselgman
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:20:54 AM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 11:31:42 AM »
In looking over data from Peter Forbes web pages I believe that what you have is a Model B Spec 106 13H ( K suffix indicates paraffin fuel equipment) year 1937.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:36:44 AM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

richardhula

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 05:03:09 PM »
In looking over data from Peter Forbes web pages I believe that what you have is a Model B Spec 106 13H ( K suffix indicates paraffin fuel equipment) year 1937.

I would agree - useful info here.

ListerGnome

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 09:19:20 AM »
Thanks for the replies to my query and thanks for the help getting the pics online! I'm normally quite handy on a computer, but not this time!   ???

I am very happy to finally get an answer regarding the model and age. Is it still possible to get spares for them?

I will take a pic of the inside of the hopper and try to post it again. It is still quite dirty, with a lot of rust, so maybe I must clean it up a bit first!

richardhula

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 01:50:48 PM »
Might be better to buy a similar complete engine as a source of spares.

Complete petrol/paraffin engines appear regularly on eBay in the UK, usually at modest prices, as well as used spares occasionally, particualrly magneto's. I'm guessing there may be a few for sale in South Africa as well which I believe is where you are located.

This UK site may help as well.