Author Topic: Listeroid (Metro?) for sale Hartford, CT area  (Read 5744 times)

wheelMA1

• View Profile
Listeroid (Metro?) for sale Hartford, CT area
« on: February 11, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »
Just perusing craigslist and saw it.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/grd/4859959182.html

George A

• View Profile
Re: Listeroid (Metro?) for sale Hartford, CT area
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:48:19 AM »
Interesting statements in the ad along with an interesting price. I'll bet I could arrange for the importation of two original Listers for that kind of money!

Back in 2005, I paid $895 (on sale) for my Vidhata 6/1 WITH an 5kw ST generator head through George at Utterpower.

But hey, when there's no more being imported......

Edit: You know, I just read my own post and realized it sounded a little "snarky". Didn't mean to do that.........it just amazes me what some of these engines will bring these days I guess.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:31:39 AM by George A »
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 03:02:37 AM »
Kinda like the song-"those were the days my friend, we thought they would never end..... ::)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:04:15 AM by vdubnut62 »
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

George A

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »
The funny thing is, I considered that a lot of money back then. Now I'd pay much more for another but the darn things are now pushing over three times that!

Come to think of it, my Vidhata is a better investment than my 401K !
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.

Diseasel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 02:00:21 PM »
   I'm from Ct, I,ve been watching this posting since last Oct.The original starting price was $4,900, he just relisted once again @$3,900, too pricey for me considering that it has not been de-sanded and the ST is a complete unknown, notice the still intact doghouse.If he was a little more reasonable with the price, I might take a look at it.

[url]http://hartford.craigslist.org/grd/4909642582.html/url]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:04:46 PM by Diseasel »

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »
I dont know if it's the same guy or not but there is very  often an extremely high priced Listeroid on Craigs list out in that part of the country.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel