Puppeteer

Author Topic: Beta-Tester Articles  (Read 2399 times)

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
Beta-Tester Articles
« on: January 27, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »
A number of you old timers might recall that George published on his website a couple of reports I wrote to him and Joel regarding my observations during the assembly of a kit-engine they were looking at importing.  Following a version update, the software George used on his website lost about half of the photos, rendering the report pretty much useless.

Since I retired last Fall, I had time to revise and augment the original report, which grew from simply a "put 'er together and tell us what you think" to a more in-depth discussion of what I saw as I subsequently stripped that engine down to bare metal, and then slowly re-assembled it.

There are presently Part 1 and Part 2 on the Utterpower website.  Part 3 is in the works, so stay tuned.  George's new website is something of a blog.  Scroll down to Jan 18 and Jan 26, 2015 to see the links for the articles.  http://www.utterpower.com/

I hope the articles are helpful, especially to the newcomers who haven't been around these past 10 years (has it been that long?).

Quinn
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

puterboy

• View Profile
Re: Beta-Tester Articles
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 12:30:18 AM »
Both part 1 an 2 links don't work for me. Could be my browser  if no one else has problems.

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 01:44:43 AM »
Worked for me just took a minute.

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 02:37:34 PM »
both links work for me