Author Topic: Any interest in a build thread?  (Read 9762 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Any interest in a build thread?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 01:54:20 AM »
OK done deal. A book? LOL, I can barely spell my name.
  Please bare with me on rate of progress as I have another job in the shop that will be running concurrently. This heap is a 4 1/2 HP Bamfords diesel being reconditioned for a customer.  I like the Bamfords engines however they would be an expensive work engine nowadays as parts are very close to non-exsistant.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 04:22:45 AM »
I would love to view your progress. Although my wife says I now it all I really don't. Not 100% sure but there is a slight chance she is being sarcastic! LOL

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 04:34:27 AM »
Good thing the CS Listers are an easy build and don't all come in as a basket case like your Bamfords!  :laugh:

We build the more modern Listers all the time and sometimes from a heap of greasy parts... you have to basically double the hours for a build that comes in pieces like that.

Gotta love that hinged crankcase!  :) Just open the lunchbox for a bearing change?

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Gippslander

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 09:00:02 AM »
Yes please  :)  Sounds like a excellent thing to do. Sharing your knowledge with us amateurs . I am sure that we will all benefit from seeing the rebuild  8)

Mike in Australia
Gippsland is in the S.E. corner of mainland Australia

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 01:24:40 PM »
You right about the time for a basket case Gary! Plus all the little parts that somehow come up missing.
 But this one I took apart ;) I am working on sourcing/adapting a rod bearing insert that is N L A and had to take it down to get critical measurements.

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 01:53:37 PM »
Asking this group "How much interest is there in seeing this done?" is about as pointless as bothering to ask a drowning man if he has any interest in air !!!!
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »
There is no doubt about it... you have our attention Butch!

I will be loading up those crates on Roadrunner today so you can get this project into your shop queue.  :)

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 03:53:32 PM »
Well look for it to begin in 2-3 weeks and I plan to take it absolutely step by step. I hope to end it with some new fuel pump mods  that will open some eyes via vastly improved governor response. This is in the works now and If I have time to perfect them they will be included in the build.