Puppeteer

Author Topic: About those mini Petters............  (Read 8031 times)

George A

• View Profile
About those mini Petters............
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
Back in 2005 I was lucky/smart enough to grab a Vithata Listeroid 6/1 before the EPA........as usual........ruined a good thing for everyone. At that time I also thought about getting one of the mini Petters, not because of any practical reason but just because I thought they were a"cute" little diesel. Unfortunately life got in the way so it never happened. Now I'm getting the urge again, but I know very little about the current situation.

First of all, is it still possible to obtain one either already stateside or in "kit form" somehow?

Did these Petter knock offs have many of the same quality issues as the 6/1's? Worse? I've seen some pretty discouraging remarks about them.

Would I be better off searching out an original Petter PAZ1? Since the only real "source" is England that could get expensive quickly just for a "cute" diesel!
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.

38ac

• View Profile
Re: About those mini Petters............
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:51:29 PM »
Hi George and welcome back. All I know about the i Petteroidss is there were lots or problems with one particular batch of them. Have heard that all of them were junk, have also heard that only that one batch was junk. I have a pair of Petteroids that came in with pump sets, cant remember the ratings but I think 3 annd 5 HP at 1500 RPM one is regular size and the other is a mini. Both were sold by G&G Automotive Gears. They are brand new but had set for years and the fuel systems were stuck, We freed them up and started them and they sit on the shelves. Both are for sale. Eamil is in my profile.located in Ohio.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

George A

• View Profile
Re: About those mini Petters............
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »
That's interesting about the quality.....sort of "hit and miss" I guess. I checked your profile and your email address is hidden. Mine isn't though........can you shoot me an email when you get a chance? Thanks!

Update: I sent a PM and email.

Another update: Well, the email came back as not deliverable. Hopefully the PM will get through.........
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:16:26 AM by George A »
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.