Author Topic: Any interest?  (Read 4692 times)

Oiler

• View Profile
1962 CS 6/1 for cutting firewood.
Armstrong Siddley AS1 for sale.

1937 Lister D

1918 Lister L

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
Re: Any interest?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 02:40:56 AM »
nice, needs a nice coat of paint, but otherwise a great buy... which I had a few extra $
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 03:26:18 AM »
Re Oiler's eBay listing:
He is the fellow I bought my 6/1 Startomatic from about a year ago. A pleasure to do business with Thorsten. He was very helpful in arranging shipping on his end.
Had a spot of bother with the customs guys here on importation, but no fault of his. The engine I got was in way better shape than many others that are sold as non runners, though as I recall this eBay listed engine is a runner, so is probably pretty good.
If this is of interest to you, you can feel assured that you are dealing with an honest and helpful guy.
Cheers,
Hugh
JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:09:32 PM »
Re Oiler's eBay listing:
He is the fellow I bought my 6/1 Startomatic from about a year ago. A pleasure to do business with Thorsten. He was very helpful in arranging shipping on his end.
Had a spot of bother with the customs guys here on importation, but no fault of his. The engine I got was in way better shape than many others that are sold as non runners, though as I recall this eBay listed engine is a runner, so is probably pretty good.
If this is of interest to you, you can feel assured that you are dealing with an honest and helpful guy.
Cheers,
Hugh

what was the approximate $ to get it across the pond to you?

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »
@ deeiche......
Cost including ocean freight, brokerage, various customs and handling fees was about $1000. This from Denmark to Port of Vancouver, Canada.
YMMV of course. There were additional charges due to "dirt" on the engine/pallet which amounted to more than shipping costs. YMMV, of course.
http://www.globalcargoservices.ca/ was the shipping company.
BTW, brokerage fee was cheap as borscht; $75, well worth the convenience and time saved.
Also this was for a Startomatic, so larger volume (2.3cubic meter) and about 2X weight of a 6/1 alone.
Cheers,
Hugh
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:23:50 PM by Hugh Conway »
1963 BMW R-27 project

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »
Someone got a good deal on this 6/1........went for 250 GBP, about $415..........a running condition Lister!!
You never know....
Cheers,
Hugh
1963 BMW R-27 project