Author Topic: jp 1 lister  (Read 9824 times)

danno

• View Profile
jp 1 lister
« on: July 17, 2014, 10:13:32 PM »
hi guys
looking for some +20  big end shells
 for 9/1 jp.
thanks danno

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: jp 1 lister
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »
Try this:

http://www.agraeng.com/searchfromdbm.asp?page=1

Although Indian, you will be impressed by the quality, it will also be cheaper than SEP by an order of magnitude.

Good luck.

Update: Having tried the link myself, it would appear to be a bit flaky, but it will get to the website, once there you can use the search facility, and using "Lister JP" as your search criteria it will take you right there.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:09:23 PM by listard-jp2 »

danno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
thanks for that
all items I want are listed on there page,
I added to shopping cart with hope of pricing
coming up ,but said to fill out inquire form which
I did, so we will see what happens.
have you or anybody you know dealt with  them
with good results.
danny

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 05:44:30 PM »
Have you or anybody you know dealt with  them
with good results.
danny

Yes on several occasions, and no problems with any of the items I have bought to date. Though to be fair I know of others who have had problems, IMHO experience it pays to be very clear on exactly what you want, give part numbers, and send photographs of the item if necessary.

It is often the case that the quality of the parts bought in this manner will often exceed the quality of the equivalent parts that would have gone into the construction of an Indian Listeriod engine, but as always buying direct from an Indian supplier is a buyer beware type of situation, though with a small order quantity such as you seem to have, the risk to you financially, is minimal.

On the last order I had from this source, even after paying the UK customs duty on this consignment, the all in cost was still less than 25% of the SEP equivalent  price.

Keep us posted on your experience, as I am sure other forum members would be interested to know of your experience of dealing direct with an Indian company, instead of using an intermediary.

danno

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »
thanks for reply
I will keep you posted on outcome,
there web page is first hurdle
 danny

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »
Hello Danno
This may be of interest to you as well as Lister CS  and Listeroid owners.
I found it difficult to navigate the Agra on-line catalogue in looking for 6/1 parts for refurbishing my engine and spares. I need a bunch of small items, not the usual major parts that stockists usually have on hand.
I wrote to Agra Engineering seeking help. They forwarded via email, a complete and easy to use CS parts catalogue, and a personal contact for assistance/orders.
It is not set up for ordering (as in "add to cart") but one can make up a complete list of needs from the catalogue and email to them for a quote.
You may have success in requesting a catalogue for your JP
Best of luck.
Cheers,
Hugh
JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:46 PM »
Thanks for that Hugh!

We have also requested parts from them in the past - no response. Not even a courtesy acknowledgement message from their system!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

danno

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 12:53:44 AM »
Hi Guys .
Thanks for tips,
So far I managed to navigate my way around site &could find some parts ,
pistons ,liner .rings, head,but could not get bearing section to work.
field out inquiry form ,asked for price on 1 liner hard chrome bore
 1 liner no chrome ,rings to suit each bore & PISTONS X 2 .
asked about bearings ,said would not come up on web page.
got automated response quickly followed by email day or so later
asking how many of each part I wanted & what bearings I wanted, which I already told them .
Next time I tried there web page the bearing section worked fine, so I did new list with 2 set of shells
added with amounts of each clearly spelled out, been few days & only auto response so far.
 I also asked first email what payment system they can use, no answer in first email.  Danny.

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »
I posted this earlier to Danno re getting parts from Agra Engineering in India:

"Hello Danno
This may be of interest to you as well as Lister CS  and Listeroid owners.
I found it difficult to navigate the Agra on-line catalogue in looking for 6/1 parts for refurbishing my engine and spares. I need a bunch of small items, not the usual major parts that stockists usually have on hand.
I wrote to Agra Engineering seeking help. They forwarded via email, a complete and easy to use CS parts catalogue, and a personal contact for assistance/orders. It is not set up for ordering (as in "add to cart") but one can make up a complete list of needs from the catalogue and email to them for a quote. You may have success in requesting a catalogue for your JP"

Well, I did use the CS 6/1 catalogue that Agra sent to me. got a list of about 20 items that I needed both to complete a project and for some spares to have on-hand. E-mailed the list to Agra and got a response, unfortunately not one I was hoping for.
"Please be informed that the quantities are too small and uneconomical to manufacture.  Hence we regret we cannot quote for the same."
Apparently they will deal only with large orders.
Another Indian parts supplier on eBay is Dev Precision Engineering. I have gotten a few items from them previously, but this time, have not received any response to my inquiries.
Most of the parts I am looking for are not carried by suppliers here in Canada, U.S. or U.K........I would be quite happy to get them there otherwise.

Cheers,
Hugh

1963 BMW R-27 project

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 08:38:41 PM »
Hugh,

What parts in particular were you needing that are not stocked in North America? We have 100% coverage for the close to original Dursley copies as well as some of the unique Indian derivations.

dieselgman

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 09:07:51 PM »
Hugh,

What parts in particular were you needing that are not stocked in North America? We have 100% coverage for the close to original Dursley copies as well as some of the unique Indian derivations.

dieselgman
Thanks Gary, I will PM you a list over the week-end.
Some are very minor items that I figured no-one would be stocking.
Cheers, Hugh
1963 BMW R-27 project

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 04:03:29 AM »
We do run out of some pieces from time to time, but at one time or another we have stocked everything - including all the nuts and bolts, lines and fittings. I can think of a couple of the smaller castings that are difficult to find... but we almost always will have a complete "kit" that we can rob parts from as needed. Whatever it takes to get the job done!

dieselgman