Author Topic: J P lister engine 9/1  (Read 9298 times)

millman56

• View Profile
Re: J P lister engine 9/1
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
Danny,  the process for reclaiming a worn crank journal would normally be metal spraying, this is a non fusion process  (as distinct from arc welding) that does not involve localised thermal shock and the adverse effect this has upon the grain structure of the parent metal.   
Good luck with your projects,

Mark.

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 10:44:57 AM »
If your not having any luck with Agra engineering, then try this link:

http://www.devprecisionengineers.com

This is an Indian based reseller of Indian engine parts (I have also used this company, but I have since moved away from them to deal direct with Indian suppliers).

This company will source the parts you require, but you will pay slightly more for his services in comparison to going direct. For convenience this can be a good way of dealing with the Indians, particularly if you have an eclectic mix of parts that need to be sourced from several suppliers. This company can then amalgamate all of it into one consignment and then send it to you all in one parcel.

Another thought for you to consider, although your big end will clean up at -0.020" under size, if you can find -0.030" or -0.040" big end bearings, you could have them resized to -0.020" under size, as these are conventional white metal steel backed bearings, so you have no concerns about machining off any overlay material.

danno

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
thank you for link and idea on shells, have just sent inq to dev for 3 sets +20,+30,+40,.we will see what happens, nothing back from agra yet.
danny

Curtis Shipp

• Living in Curtis World, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 10:24:56 PM »
NSW Australia. on north coast.

Well,  I can't very well come and help you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:27:46 PM by Curtis Shipp »
6/1 jkson / 6kw 3ph mecc alte gen / my home shop off grid / wife and kids on grid