Author Topic: picked up a toyo diesel pickup :)  (Read 17551 times)

listeroidsusa

Re: picked up a toyo diesel pickup :)
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2006, 05:20:02 AM »
I've got a '84 Mazda B2200 with the industrial all gear drive diesel. It has over 400,000 miles on it and all I've ever done was to replace 2 water pumps and an alternator. Its one tough engine! It still goes 3000 miles between oil changes. Engine is great but not the body. The wife won't ride in it anymore. She says its ugly, but at 52 mpg highway I just don't care. I almost lost her a few months ago. She was leaning against the door when I made a left turn and the door flew open! She still refuses to ride in it to this day! Good luck on your find. I'd love to have a low mileage version. Mine had 160,000 when I bought it. It has been the best and cheapest running pickup I've ever had.

Mike

kyradawg

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:19:51 AM by kyradawg »

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2006, 02:25:50 AM »
Went motering in the new rig [ side roads only no licence or insurance] it smoked a bunch at first, but soon quit. only slightly on exceleration. but when u take the valve cover vent off there is extreme smoke blow by. Other problem wont start when hot, figure may be valv adjustment, too tight some loose and rattely could be loosing compression. Lots of power though. I need a shop manual 
 any ideas where to find such. When should I doo the bonammie will it hurt my turbo.

Greg
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2006, 02:34:50 AM »
I was in Napa today....look at the back of the manuals for a list of all of them.  I'm betting they have something on the truck and maybe something just on the engine.
  Also search the yahoo chat groups.  Most of the unusual vehicles have a cult following that roost on the internet somewhere!
I'm a member of three groups having to do with the SD-33 Nissan diesel engine that's in my Jeep snowplow.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 02:51:39 AM »
please oh please tell me you arent thinking seriously about using bonami !!!

i dont know where this old time fix got its origins, but i would like to dope slap the guy

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 03:11:08 AM »
Ok the bonammie is out
And I never checked at NAPA
From what I can gleen the moter is a mitsubisi 4d55
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer