Author Topic: jp2 value  (Read 4118 times)

191honda

• View Profile
jp2 value
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:13:46 PM »
hi everyone,,,the other day,,someone call me to buy my strong running jp2,,,,it wasnt really for sale ,,, i m looking to know which price could be honest for a great running jp2,,, 

i ve found a brand new listeroid ,,,never been started ,,,, with a new 5 kw st head already installed on a frame,,,dont know if it s a metro,anand or other brand,,,,both side wheel have 5 round hole on them,,,,how much could i pay for that,,,,,

and finally ,,,,which is the value of a running jp4,,,stored inside since 32 year,,all original paint and part,,,,,i know where there is one and thinkig more and more to make an offer for it

thank for your help

richardhula

Re: jp2 value
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:23:52 PM »
I can only speak for values in the UK where the JP2 has a popular application as a canal boat power unit.

A fully restored JP2 either original or converted to marine spec with electric start can cost up to £12,000, but this is after a complete strip down with virtually all new moving parts, crank re-grind etc. and would include either the original Blackstone or a modern hydraulic gearbox close coupled to engine.

An unrestored but running marine spec JP2 may make £2500 but its industrial equivalent as much as £1000 less although all there are few of either on the market nowadays.

Ironically in the UK at least, the more cylinders the lower the value since there are still plenty of JP3/4's around. Also JP4's are really too heavy and powerful for canal boats. The JP2's are the ideal size and power for this application with the added advantage of a more distinctive exhaust beat, although due to the rarity of the twins many boats are now running JP3's.

It would be interesting to see what this industrial JP4, presently on eBay in the UK, sells for. My guess would be not too much more than the starting price.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:02:18 PM by richardhula »

191honda

• View Profile
Re: jp2 value
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 02:29:32 PM »
wow,,,approx 800 us$,,,,if they re is no broken part in it and it s running,,,that s really cheap,,i think,,
really not that much low price lister engine for sale around here,,,,