Puppeteer

Author Topic: Colorado and New Mexico flooding  (Read 3499 times)

deeiche

• View Profile
Colorado and New Mexico flooding
« on: September 15, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »
I hope any other members in Colorado or New Mexico are doing okay.

We've had close to 6" rainfall in the last 6 days, almost equivalent to our annual rainfall, and still have a chance of rain for a couple more days.  Included in the rain total is the 1.8" inches we got in ~ 30 minutes late last night.

Have a couple spots in the yard that are the beginnings of sinkholes.  I spent time this morning moving dirt into the depressions to make them higher than surrounding ground, going to fill some sand bags to berm around them.  Afterwards took the dogs for a walk and saw water running in irrigation ditches that should be empty.  The diversion from the river was cutoff in early August, so water must be flowing in to the ditches some where along the system.

I just want the rain to stop.

contaucreek

• View Profile
Re: Colorado and New Mexico flooding
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
Good luck out there. We had a near miss with flooding at the house here in the spring. Was watching the CO. flooding on the news and the next report was Michelle Ohbummer telling everyone to drink more water !! Good timing lady....
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 02:19:16 AM »
"Oopsie" remarked the program scheduler as he leads the audience down the path of ridicule.  Gee, my urologists says the same thing regardless of the tragedies that folks are facing.  But far more important will be the reading from Rev. Pat Roberts and the true cause of this exceptional weather. 

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 02:44:56 AM »
Kansas is pretty wet this year... we have a low-lying shop that floods once or twice in 5-years time, just got about a foot of water in the shop last month. Pain in the rear to say the least!  >:(

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »
I know eastern Kansas and western Missouri were having a wetter than usual year.  It took about 6 weeks to get a tractor hauled back from the KC area last winter, 'cause it just kept snowing.

Kansas is pretty wet this year... we have a low-lying shop that floods once or twice in 5-years time, just got about a foot of water in the shop last month. Pain in the rear to say the least!  >:(

dieselgman
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:30:05 PM by deeiche »

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 07:22:46 PM »
Ying:  What a tragedy to lose most everything you've accumulated and your home.  Hopefully no one you cared about.

Yang:  Many of the missing capital assets will be replaced pretty much as they were when they were lost just waiting for another giant flood.  FEMA should be tweaked enough to require 100 year weather engineering for benefit money.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245