Author Topic: Pictures of my trailer  (Read 18821 times)

jtodd

• View Profile
Re: Pictures of my trailer
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 09:57:59 PM »
BTW, just finished a modification to the governor system this morning which gives me adjustable gain on the control system.  I'd replaced all the sloppy pins with #10 AN grade aircraft bolts and that pretty much eliminated all the slop in the linkages.  I still intend to do something with ball joints eventually, but this seems to be working for now.  I'm really anxious for the weather to clear up so I can dial in my new adjustments.  I'm hopeful they'll allow me to hold AC frequency MUCH tighter.  (I'm not going to be happy until I can hold +/- 0.5hz)
chris

Have you looked at the AVR stuff that is being talked about in some of the other threads?  I seem to recall that someone also mentioned (in conjunction with the AVR) building a computer-controlled actuated RPM governor.  Sorry, don't have time to dig it up, but you might try to find it...

JT

cschuerm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 11:21:04 PM »
JT,
I've been following the AVR thread closely and am interested to try that mod out as well.  I've been very tempted to build a fully electronic throttle control system (I do that kind of stuff for a living) but I appreciate the simplicity and durability of a totally mechanical system.  If this latest modification works out as well as I hope, it will provide the frequency stability I'm looking for.

I've posted some additional pictures of both the thermostat housing and the governor mods in case anyone is interested.
(they're below the pictures of the trailer)
http://members.cox.net/cschuerm2/

Chris

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 12:29:34 AM »
Chris--

The governor set up is plumb, by God, CUTE!!
Good work,  well done.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 12:55:40 AM »
As I sit here and type, my Listeroid is bolted securely to a ton or more of reinforced concrete.   The bad thing is that the concrete is 75 miles of snow-closed road from me!  The trailer seems a good idea about now.    ;)

Good job!   Tell me about the blue hoses with no clamps...

hotater,

The solution to your feelings of loneliness and separation anxiety may be a second engine located at your other 20, where you are now.  As you tinker with it it will become a good upgraded spare you can `swap in, as needed.  Then the one now snow isolated can be brought back and upgraded whilst keeping you winter company.   ;)
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

rl71459

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 01:44:28 AM »
Cschuerm

That is some excellent work... I love the attention to detail!

Good Job!
Rob

Listerational

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 01:57:40 AM »
Does anyone have copies of these trailer pictures? I would like to see them but for some reason the link does not work.
Thanks,
Jim

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:56 AM »
JT,
I've been following the AVR thread closely and am interested to try that mod out as well.  I've been very tempted to build a fully electronic throttle control system (I do that kind of stuff for a living) but I appreciate the simplicity and durability of a totally mechanical system.  If this latest modification works out as well as I hope, it will provide the frequency stability I'm looking for.

I've posted some additional pictures of both the thermostat housing and the governor mods in case anyone is interested.
(they're below the pictures of the trailer)
http://members.cox.net/cschuerm2/

Chris
 Chris,  reading the latest post brought me to this one, I too cannot see the photos.      Anyway to cut to the chase, you may be someone who would be able to say whether or not a 90s style cable operated auto cruise control system would be easily adaptable to be an engine speed controller (which I guess it already is ) as the real deal G.A.C type engine speed controllers don`t  crop up very often.

Mark.