Author Topic: Wrist-pin bushing on an original 6-1  (Read 3506 times)

Gordon Bryant

• View Profile
Wrist-pin bushing on an original 6-1
« on: June 14, 2013, 12:52:20 AM »
Hello again, As y'all may remember, I am doing a top end over haul on my 6-1. I appreciate greatly the advice everyone has given me.
What a blessing this forum is!! I recently made an order out for parts that I needed to do the top end overhaul. I received some of them,
but the comany DES can not seem to find me a wrist-pin bushing. The one I have is quite worn and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know
of a place where I can get one?

---Also, the new cylinder I received does not have the slots for the 2 alignment bushings that help Aline the head to the cylinder. Will this be a problem?
---Is there a preference on which type of head gasket is best to use, I have one that looks like it is brass plated and the other one is more conventional paper type?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Wrist-pin bushing on an original 6-1
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:17:10 AM »
It appears that Central Maine Diesel has stock for this part if our guys don't locate our stock in Kansas for some reason.

Copper is the standard head gasket material, but we also stock a modern composite gasket that is a bit more forgiving of surface irregularities.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 03:06:34 AM »
You can get one from McMaster Carr or your local bearing supply house.  Just specify the dimensions and solid bronze, not sintered.  You will have to hone the hole after pressing the bushing into the rod.  I drill the oil hole before I press it in.  Be sure that it is oriented to match the hole in the rod.

Bob
Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

Gordon Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »
I just heard from DES out in Kansas, they were able to find me a bushing.
Thank you DES!!! Thanks for the advise on the head gasket too.