Author Topic: is this a good deal? ZS1130 for $850  (Read 26194 times)

DirtMerchant

• View Profile
Re: is this a good deal? ZS1130 for $850
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 10:13:29 PM »

Good Find with the pulleys.

The company makes all sorts of engine parts so I assume they are describing head gaskets rather than the pulley material being copper and asbestos.

What you do for a couple of Pulleys is contact the manufacturer and say you are interested in importing the pulleys and want a couple of samples for product evaluation/ inspection etc.
Something like that should be able to be posted or couriered to you. Make sure you get a quote on postage first though.

A guy I know who was genuinely looking to import a container load of computer cases was talking to someone in china and they said well send you a sample of each of the 3 types we do for free if you agree to pay for freight. He said fine and thought he'd get them in a few weeks or so.
 The cases turned up the next day, air freight from China!
I think the container full he bought of the things only cost him $10 more than the freight on those 3 sample cases!

It's interesting to see those pulleys fit all the engines from my baby 165F right through  to the monsters.  If the bolt pattern is good for transmitting 30Hp, i'm never going to have any trouble shearing them on my little 3 HP.

I think if you used 2 belts that would also help with the power transmission without over stretching the belt.

Thanks for starting this thread. It motivated me to drag my little horizontal out and I had a ball with it this afternoon.  Coupled it up to a 4 Kw, 3 phase motor wired in Wye and with a Killawatt meter measured 1900 watts out of the thing.  The little China was starting to smoke a bit it the last 150W but I touched the throttle governor and she sped right up and nearly blew the lights I had attached. Working hard but still more to go.  Awesome little engine.

I found today a major source of the Noise in the thing is, like the roid, in the air intake. It has a proper housing with a paper filter but while it may provide clean air, it sure don't provide much in the way of noise suppression. I think I'll have to make up a manifold I can attach some hose to and feed it to a remote air filter box off a car.
Hopefully the plastic pipe itself won't transmit the intake noise.  I have made a manifold for the exhaust as I didn't get one with it but I'll get an adaptor to upsize it to accommodate a car muffler. That ought to sooth the angry little beast a bit.

I'd so love one of those Horizontals in a big version.  ;D

I'm still debating on what to do,  I brought home the pulley that came with it, I am thinking to draw a replacement that has a 48mm keyed shaft, then I could use a coupling or use a sheave / pulley....

I only went big because I need the HP, it is really a beast, if I didn't need the hp I would certainly opt for a smaller one.

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »
An automobile muffler in the intake path might also go a long way to quieting the intake noise.
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
Re: intake noise
I used one of these     http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=soberg+fs+19p+150&op=search&Ntt=soberg+fs+19p+150&N=0&GlobalSearch=true&sst=All
It is a Solberg air compressor intake filter, FS-19P-150 and with an exhaust flange installed in place of the intake elbow, it screwed right on to my listeroid.
Most likely there is a larger size available for your bigger engine.
Made a very marked difference in intake noise. No rpm change under load with filter in place or removed........just a B I G reduction in intake noise.
I'm using a "pit-of-doom" set-up for the exhaust, so now it is just those noisy push rod/tappets/rocker arms.......................
Cheers,
Hugh

JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project

DirtMerchant

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 12:46:45 PM »
Re: intake noise
I used one of these     http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=soberg+fs+19p+150&op=search&Ntt=soberg+fs+19p+150&N=0&GlobalSearch=true&sst=All
It is a Solberg air compressor intake filter, FS-19P-150 and with an exhaust flange installed in place of the intake elbow, it screwed right on to my listeroid.
Most likely there is a larger size available for your bigger engine.
Made a very marked difference in intake noise. No rpm change under load with filter in place or removed........just a B I G reduction in intake noise.
I'm using a "pit-of-doom" set-up for the exhaust, so now it is just those noisy push rod/tappets/rocker arms.......................
Cheers,
Hugh

Thanks for that, just ordered one, found it on ebay for $39