Slow Speed Diesel Engines > Red Stone Engines

Anyone using Redstone now?

(1/3) > >>

Hugh Conway:
Seems there have been no posts re the Redstone for quite a while. I understand there were only about 30 of these imported into North America. Is anyone running one now? I have a friend who bought one, set it up for back-up power, hardly ever used though. Curious about how they have worked out?
Regards,
Hugh

Stan:
I'm curious too.  Saw one while back in Ottawa but never owned one.
They seemed like quite robust machines.
Stan

Randybee1:
I have one but it's in deep storage until I finish my Cat build and Listeroid 6/1 build

Hugh Conway:

--- Quote from: Randybee1 on July 10, 2013, 02:37:42 PM ---I have one but it's in deep storage until I finish my Cat build and Listeroid 6/1 build

--- End quote ---
Randybee.......I know I would be interested to hear about yours when you do get around to setting it up. I helped a friend do a tear-down and reassembly a couple of years back. That one was full of casting sand. We cleaned it out and reassembled checking clearances etc. Ran fine, but has not gotten used since. Doubt it has even 1 hour on it now. Wish I had more to report, and am interested to know others experience.
Cheers,
Hugh

Randybee1:
Hugh, I hope to finish my Cat build in about 3 weeks time. Hopefully by mid August I will start my Redstone build. I already have it and an ST head bolted to an I-beam frame. I had Randy Almand machine a pulley for me for the engine and the ST. My first order of business will to take it apart, clean and spec it. Hopefully I'll start posting some pics in about a month.

Randy B

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version