Puppeteer

Author Topic: our kiss program for a starter on our 10/1  (Read 27056 times)

2ringers6

• View Profile
Re: our kiss program for a starter on our 10/1
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »
Is the price with starter, or do I have to supply the starter?

selmawp

• When I was young and full off??????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »
Hi, that is a complete starter ready to mount and operate.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »
Perhaps you could clarify exactly what is being offered... a modified starter with rubber wheel in place of bendix gear... any mounting kit or other hardware involved? Is this built on a new starter body?

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

selmawp

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 02:47:42 AM »
Hi every one, will go to my friend tomorow and remove starter and take some pix. So stay tuned.

Thanks dieselgman.

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
.... also, if you could indicate what your $30 'kit' consists of (a picture or two would be great), I'd appreciate it. 
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 03:56:36 AM »
Had a great conversation with Tony yesterday who said his components should be on hand tomorrow (Friday);  pix to be up shortly. This is a no brainer for the weak back segment--like me  8) 8) 8). Many thanks for bringing this to market and best wishes.
overbore

selmawp

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 04:26:26 AM »
Explanation on starter question.

The $149 price is a complete starter including shipping. That is the starter motor with a 2 inch diameter rubber wheel, a manufactured nose piece and two mounting legs welded onto the starter housing.

If you have your own starter motor and want to build the nose piece assembly yourself, the nose piece parts kit is available for $30 plus shipping.

In the attached pictures note that the rubber wheel is NOT included in the nose piece parts kit but is available separately from Fixture Works part # RR-2020-80-EX750 cost $24.45 plus shipping. Also, the bronze bushing which is in the kit, is not shown in the picture.
We hope to get a picture of the complete starter itself on this blog soon. (currently having photo troubles) :(
Lastly, please know that the actual nose piece parts kit will be different from the pictures due to the fact that those were made from scrap metal and was the R&D unit.

selmawp

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 05:17:16 AM »

OK had to use a different computer, so here is a complete starter from our kiss program, the ones that I am going to build will look a bit nicer. Tony.

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »
Stepping up to the plate, I believe your starter is a home run so I am placing an order for the total starter package; please advise where to send the check. Best wishes, overbore

TPXX

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »
I'm interested too! Having no machine shop I'd need the finished starter. Can you post close up pictures of how you mounted the starter?

selmawp

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 03:39:07 AM »
Hi, will go over to the generator in the next couple days and take some pix.

selmawp

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 06:35:08 AM »

Here are 2 pix of the bracket I made ;D. Please keep in mind I was not trying to win a beauty contest. :angel:
still have a problem insurting #2 pix so click on the link to see #2. :'(
:http://listerenginegallery.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=9058&g2_serialNumber=1[/img]

selmawp

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 03:37:04 AM »
Update On Kiss Starter
Hi all, the ball is finally rolling on production of our kiss starter. Parts that we have been waiting on are finally arriving now. Also things are settling down after an unexpected death in the family. This death of my son caused a huge slowdown of work on the starter project due to new added workloads. We are sorry about the slowdown for those of you who have been patiently waiting for a starter.
We have a picture of an unwelded nose piece we thought we'd share with you.
I machined a spacer jig to help keep the parts true while welding. The nose plate and nose piece fabrication were subbed out to another shop, after which the nose plate went to a third shop for machining.
We hope to have a picture of the completed starter by next week and starters should be rolling off the line before Christmas  :)   :)   :)

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 04:06:47 AM »
Still in line and thanks for your update. overbore

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »
UPDATE!

A box containing the Production Test starter unit has just arrived.  ;D ;D ;D Plan on updates from me shortly as I open then assemble and install this unit on my 10/1. I think it is a winner for all of us who are concerned about their safety when cranking our units and those, like myself with bad backs, who need the extra help.  :laugh:
Don't laugh-- some day you will also be in your  mid 70's and will be as cranky :o as a new un-bled "Roid".  :P
Thanks, Tony

Laus Deo
overbore