Puppeteer

Author Topic: AC 1 oil pressure  (Read 14496 times)

gary_o

• View Profile
AC 1 oil pressure
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
While running my AC1 i took off the rocker cover to look at how much oil the rocker oil pipe feed supplied and noticed only very little oil coming from the feed,i took or loosened the oil feed pipe at where it comes out of the base and noticed it only drips.
HUH , how can i check for oil pressure on this unit?
any input would be much appreciated:

Gary

gary_o

• View Profile
Re: AC 1 oil pressure
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 08:36:56 PM »
Oh,its a series 2

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »
While running my AC1 i took off the rocker cover to look at how much oil the rocker oil pipe feed supplied and noticed only very little oil coming from the feed,i took or loosened the oil feed pipe at where it comes out of the base and noticed it only drips.
Thats because there is a restictor fitted into the banjo bolt that screws into the cylinder head.

HUH , how can i check for oil pressure on this unit?

Where the rocker oil feed pipe originates from the crankcase (next to the oil filter housing), you will see a blanked port on the banjo, you can connect an oil pressure gauge at this point, note however you will need to use BSP fittings and not NPT fittings.

gary_o

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:06:58 PM »
Thank you, i will try that.
I do notice that after runnung the engine and taking the rocker box cover off there is quite a bit of oil up there and on top of rocker arms there is a hole through to the shaft and has oil in there so i feel comfortable with that but i will try a guage as well.

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 11:15:09 AM »
I do notice that after runnung the engine and taking the rocker box cover off there is quite a bit of oil up there and on top of rocker arms there is a hole through to the shaft and has oil in there.

The action of the rocker levers throwing oil all over the place, make it look like there is far more oil been pumped than there really is.

chaldon3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 03:43:15 PM »
fit your fit an oil gauge to your series 2 piece of mind. i have wired a stop start solenoind through my oil switch. as sone as pressure drops cuts power to solenoid engine fails safe