Author Topic: diesel truck on WVO  (Read 11881 times)

tyssniffen

• View Profile
Re: diesel truck on WVO
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 07:05:50 PM »
I have over 40,000 miles on WVO in a '95 Suburban (total miles are 224,000)
This weekend, I just picked up a '94 F250 TD to veg.  Your truck will run well for many miles on a heated two tank system.
Rubber parts are eaten up MUCH faster with biodiesel than WVO.

I completely agree with this, as this is my experience with my '91 Dodge.  WVO doesn't hurt rubber - it's BioD that does.   Just make sure to clean - filter- your oil.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 02:57:30 PM »

I have seen a lot of people search for the holy grail of fuel line that will stand up to Bio. See them pay a LOT of money for that fuel line only to be dissapointed.

I use the cheapest stuff I can get and NEVER had a problem.
The braided clear line I use is Cheap as chips and hardens with oil and goes soft with bio..... But it takes a while to do it.
In the meantime I have an annual maintence thing I do between Christmas and new year. Changing the soft line is part of that schedule.  There is probably only half a meter of the stuff on my vehicle in 3-4 pieces so it's not a big deal or time consuming to change.

Stuff lasts 14-18 months so I know if I change it every 12 months, I'll never have a problem and never Have. 

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 12:59:44 AM »
I had good luck with urethane tubing for B99 for a few years.  Not terribly expensive. No hardening or softening, just turns amber color slowly over the years.