Puppeteer

Author Topic: HL 6 l lister injector pump question  (Read 3115 times)

barry100

• View Profile
HL 6 l lister injector pump question
« on: May 12, 2012, 03:44:55 AM »
Hi All
I have a HL6 Lister  engine on a genset, injector pump isn't working, I have several HR6 pumps that I could fit , what would be the result in engine power? ie thru the range or at full power, I have stripped these pumps down regular, if not satistfactory what can I do to increase the fuel, (no smoke screw ?) the HL6 is about 10% more HP than the HR6
To change the subject has anybody bought any Chinese Piston rings( or any other engine parts ).Direct from the manufactures,  you find them on google ie 200 sets min at a certain price, you could pay the price say 1500.00 and that might be last you see of it and the rings
Regards Barry

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: HL 6 l lister injector pump question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
Your HL6 engine is almost certain to have a CAV DPA pump fitted. Fitting another DPA pump which came from a HR6 engine will result in power output being whatever the pump setting was when it was on the HR6 engine 9furthermore the settings will vary depending if the pump was from a fixed or variable speed application).
This modification is introducing alot of unknowns as the ring cam profile and plunger diameters of the DPA pumps are very likely to be different, the best course of action will be bite the bullet and have your HL6 pump reconditioned, and re-calibrated.