Puppeteer

Author Topic: Need Lister CE head gasket  (Read 7776 times)

Tatu K.

• View Profile
Need Lister CE head gasket
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:20:26 PM »
Hi,

My friend need 2-cyl. Lister CE head gasket, where I can found it? He maybe need connecting rod bearing too. Engine is made 1935.

Tatu K.
Finland

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Need Lister CE head gasket
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 11:19:01 PM »
If you do not suffer from a weak heart sit down, get a good hold of yourself, THEN click this link. :o

http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/Lister-CE-Head-Gaskets/
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 11:59:10 PM »
You could contact Gaskets to Go to see if they have Lister CE head gasket.

There is a post on a UK Stationary Engine forum where the guy said he was going to order them from a place in Thailand, I'm pretty sure he meant Gaskets to Go.

If you are member you will be able to read this post, Lister CE head gaskets.

listerdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
I've had a dig in the workshop and have found a batch of new gaskets, one has wrinkles but most are good and one is very new and bright copper.

All are genuine Lister, basically from spares of engines that I have acquired over the years and have now moved on.

Let me know if of any interest.

Bear in mind that these are probably copper asbestos build.

Peter

Tatu K.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 12:16:14 AM »
I've had a dig in the workshop and have found a batch of new gaskets, one has wrinkles but most are good and one is very new and bright copper.

All are genuine Lister, basically from spares of engines that I have acquired over the years and have now moved on.

Let me know if of any interest.

Bear in mind that these are probably copper asbestos build.

Peter

Hello,

I don't know now my friend's Lister CE engine head gasket measures, but here is little Youtube video for exactly the same engine.

Do you think that the gasket could fit to this engine?

Tatu

listerdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »
If it is a Lister CE twin diesel, then the gaskets will fit.

Peter

Tatu K.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
Sorry, I don't remember send Youtube link  :P

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbm-tO4TCvA

Tatu

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 01:49:49 PM »
From looking at your Youtube video, your CE engine has either been modified or is possibly unique, as the compression change over mechanism on the CD / CD are normally lever operated, where as your engine would appear to be fitted with screw in / out compression change over valves.

listerdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
There are also solenoid-operated valves for automatic genny sets, but I've never seen hand valves either, no mention in the spares book or in the Changed Numbers List.

Peter

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »
There are also solenoid-operated valves for automatic genny sets, but I've never seen hand valves either, no mention in the spares book or in the Changed Numbers List.

It would appear to be a more prevalent modification than at first thought as here (if you look carefully), another two examples can be seen: http://www.listerce.com/content/view/36/56/ with the same modification carried out.

I would speculate that the changeover valve arrangement from a CS or JP will screw straight into a CD/ CE cylinder head. The only problem I see with this modification is you no longer have the means to decompress the engine, as decompression is obtained on the CD / CE engines by having the compression changeover lever in the middle position. But that may not be a significant problem when the size of CD / CE flywheels are taken into consideration.

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »
Should you still be looking for a head gasket, I have now secured a large qty of NOS PAYEN head gaskets suitable for the Lister CE engine

They will also be significantly cheaper than this:

If you do not suffer from a weak heart sit down, get a good hold of yourself, THEN click this link. :o

http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/Lister-CE-Head-Gaskets/

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 04:31:08 AM »
Doing a bit of research brought me to this old topic and here`s my two pennorth.     I have a CD engine fitted with the screw in/out COV, the engine has no facility on the block for fitment of the usual lever which operates the COV so I would assume this was a production variant or the screw in/out COV is a replacement for a solenoid operated COV.     
The halfway (decompressed) position on the usual COV fitted to CD CE engines in my experience makes for difficult hand starting, due to the restriction of the COV valve and as JP2  says,  its not a problem cranking on full compression ( you need to start this cranking at TDC firing stroke)  as the flywheel mass helps the first bump and subsequent bumps over compression.

Mark.