Author Topic: jp,,js ,,jk interchange  (Read 3423 times)

191honda

• View Profile
jp,,js ,,jk interchange
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:12:51 PM »
i ve found a guy who have two 4 cylinder lister engine,,liquid cooled,, but can t tell me which model they are,,,want to know if js or jk head ll or can be fitted on a jp engine
i ll see these engine this week end,,and if part fit ,,ll probably buy them

thank
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:59:01 AM by 191honda »

richardhula

Re: jp,,js ,,jk interchange
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:08:13 AM »
The JS was a short lived three cylinder only version with centre bearing crank problems, so its not going to be that.

The JP & later JK models were very similar but have many subtle differences. The JK models had pressure fed rockers, copper/lead crank bearings to allow 1500 rpm & fixed compression ratio of 17.5:1, slightly lower than the JP's 19:1 on starting comp. This was achieved by blanking off the changeover mechanism & I'm guessing head mods as it didn't have separate cylinder block to allow shimming as on later CS models. Certainly the JK heads had different part numbers & appeared to have mods to the water cooling as well.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:46:49 PM by richardhula »

191honda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 12:05:52 AM »
thank for the info,,,,these engine are finally JP4 ,,,one in really good shape,,,,really clean looking,,,the other  is outside ,,a little bit of rust and is stuck
i ve buy the stuck engine for part,,,head,,piston,,sleeve,,rod etc for my JP2

but the good shape engine was looking at me and was telling me "bring me with you please",,,,

just have not enough place for now  ,,,

but that`s  a beautiful  engine
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 02:26:27 AM by 191honda »

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
If your interested I have some brand new genuine Listard Chome plated liners for the JP range that I am looking to sell.