Author Topic: Good to see what you have done with WMO  (Read 19634 times)

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
Good to see what you have done with WMO
« on: December 07, 2014, 03:44:10 PM »
When I first came here everybody told me that I would ruin my engine running it on WMO and there was absolutely nothing on Youtube on it.. My how times have changed.

My health has declined and  don't get around much any more but I thought I would check into the site and contribute an update.

My engine is still running well. I was showing it to somebody the other day and I said it probably would not start because I had not started it in a couple of years. Assume makes an ass out of me LOL, it started up the first time the piston went past TDC. The fuel system has had WMO in it continuously for something like 8 or 9 years so it looks like my method of checking and treating the PH has worked fine. It also shows that WMO does not go bad like diesel and biodiesel do. Great for long term storage. I got an email from an old friend the other day. he had to pay huge amounts of money to dispose of a thousand gallons of bad diesel fuel that went bad. Now he has decided to take my advice and switch to WMO. Not only is it free, it is good forever.

The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

xyzer

• View Profile
Re: Good to see what you have done with WMO
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 04:01:08 PM »
rbodell,
Good to hear all worked well for you. Also good to see an "oldtimer" is out there and still kicking!
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 07:09:30 PM »

robodell,

That's good feedback. Thanks for posting.

take good care,
veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - ST2 Generator
- Kubota Z482

mbryner

• View Profile
    • Marcus & Emily's personal website
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:58:42 AM »
Glad to hear from you, rbodell.   I ran WMO for one winter and didn't have trouble except for having to clean the injector a few times.    Nice to hear you've run WMO for so long.   I remember people worried about the acids and debris in WMO.   I don't do anything about the acid, but I tried to de-water and clean it by heating and centrifuging.

Marcus
JKson/Powersolutions 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane canister muffler, future off-gridder

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 09:51:31 AM »

I went down the same road with Veg oil.  There was info on the net but 10 yeqars down the rtrack I have discovered 90% of it is a load of overly pedantic Bunk parroted by people that just repeat what they have read and few people ever get their hands dirty testing it. Seems everyone is so pedantic about " Blowing up " their engine,  they are too scared to thaink thrings through for themselves as to what they are actualy doing, why they are doing it and what the benifit may be.

I'm still told  I'll blow my engine up or ruin it 10 years later. The ultimate irony was the other day  when I was at the wrecking yard. I moved the vehicle to load an engine into a guys trailer.  He caught a wiff of the exhaust and asked my father about it. When I came back I got told all about how I would ruin my engine.  I looked at the guy and said how old is your car and what engine is this it's on? Oh, 12 years old and it's on it's 3rd engine. Mines 23, on the original engine and hasn't even had a so much as a head gasket replacement.  If my engine does fail, how am I any worse off than you especially given I'm not paying a cent for Fuel?

I never cease to be amazed at what people know that have never had a thing to do with what they are talking about!

My main thing for Going the veg route is it is plentiful and easy for me to get but I am looking to the black side.  The thing I really don't like about WMO is it's such filthy black staining stinking stuff. Well, maybe in honesty it's because I'm such a Klutz and the harder I try not to spill stuff and make a mess the bigger the shipfight I seem to create.

I'll have to do some more tests on Blending engine oil and veg oil. I have been told they seperate and I did test them years ago but have forgotten what the resuults were now.  At some point I'm going to have to mix the 2 in the tank so I beter know what to expect. I'm thinking a bit of petrol or Diesel thrown in will keep them both thin and happy in the change over period anyway till I can burn the mix off and go to the other one.

Probably not a bad idea to blend something in to thin it anyway although the stuff I can get has transmission fluid in it too so that may help with thinning it down a bit.

I don't think water would be much of a problem especialy as it is made out. I have drained the oil of dozens of cars, plenty with blown head gaskets and am yet to see any free water in the oil yet. In any event, like veg ( only better) once the oil has settled a while the water would go to the bottom and wouldn't be a problem. As acid can only exist in water, that's all a beat up load of crap as well parroted by scaremongering ignorants who don't know what they are talking about but jabber on like they do anyway.

As long as your oil has no water in it, it's a physical impossibility for it to be acidic or alkaline for that matter.

mactoollover2005

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »
Howdy Folks, my burning question is.......  With WMO for fuel is anyone using Synthetic oil and and are you having any issues specifically because of the synthetic oil?

Thank You.

Derek
Still working on finding a lister gennie.
Derek

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 03:52:11 PM »
Hi mactoollover2005,

Typically the synthetics resist ignition due to being designed for extreme temperature conditions.
Here's some info I posted a few years back

http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=5634.0

cheers,
veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - ST2 Generator
- Kubota Z482

mactoollover2005

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »
Veggie

TY for the info. Your post pretty well confirmed my thoughts about the synthetic oil, just didnt realize it would be that much of a ignition gap.

Derek
Still working on finding a lister gennie.
Derek