Author Topic: Old Style Lister  (Read 18033 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: Old Style Lister
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 04:14:03 PM »
I order what I consider the top of the line Petteroid with electric start and all the whisles and bells.
I believe it cost me about 800 before shipping.

I could have got it for 200 hundred less or so but I wanted everything that was an option.
I hind sight it all comes down to knowing what you want and doing a loto of research.

A 400 dollar 6/1 sounds about right a few years ago. Probably 25% more now at least with the drop in US dollar
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

trigzy

• View Profile
    • High Tech Hicks
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 03:47:35 AM »
Well,

Willem will be back....

www.oldstylelisters.com

and you can actually find a picture of Willem at

http://andree-family.com/  and going down to Willem's album.
Power Anand 24/2, Brushless 20kW, some other antique iron.
Vendor of AVR's, Small Clones of Yanmar Diesel and Honda Gasoline Engines

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 02:28:22 AM »
Old Style Listers is Back.... Again !

Is there an echo in here???  ::)
Yes Willem is back & he'll gladly send you the engine of your dreams, cash up front of course.

i"ll bet the warranty on my omega 20/2 that i bought from Kwic Industries has disapeared.
  just like Kwic industeries did.

scott r.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 03:02:46 AM »
it's five parts for an assault weapon ;D
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 06:38:06 AM »
Uhhhh ... he no longer imports engines from India. They are now 'made' in the US !

Three guesses as to where the parts come from .... and I would really like to know how many individual components need to be put together (in the US) to make the engine functional. I wouldn't be surprised if it is less than a dozen.

Jens

Jens, you nailed it.  The skin of the truth stuffed with a lie. 

My grandmother used to say, "If you can't a-say anyt'ing  nice about some-a-one, then SHUTTA YOU MOUTH!"  So I will.  But this guy is truly baaad news!
The sad thing is, this guy actually thinks he's being clever.  As if he's going to make potential customers think they're buying an American-built engine made from North-American made parts.  Boggle boggle boggle. . .

[Edit:  Oh my heck!  I can't seem to help myself.  Someone cynically observed a while back that it was mebbe an odd coincidence that the message heralding the demise of OSL came out just prior to Christmas with a plea to those having partial deposits on engines to pony up so poor Willem won't have to eat Spam for Christmas Eve dinner.  Well, here we are just past New Year's, and whadda you know!  OSL is back in operation.  Funny how that works.  Kudos to whomever it was that made the observation for your uncommon perspicacity (yes, that's a word.).] 

Quinn
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:49:45 AM by Quinnf »
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 07:58:55 AM »
Uhhhh ... he no longer imports engines from India. They are now 'made' in the US !

Three guesses as to where the parts come from .... and I would really like to know how many individual components need to be put together (in the US) to make the engine functional. I wouldn't be surprised if it is less than a dozen.

Jens

Jens, you nailed it.  The skin of the truth stuffed with a lie. 

My grandmother used to say, "If you can't a-say anyt'ing  nice about some-a-one, then SHUTTA YOU MOUTH!"  So I will.  But this guy is truly baaad news!
The sad thing is, this guy actually thinks he's being clever.  As if he's going to make potential customers think they're buying an American-built engine made from North-American made parts.  Boggle boggle boggle. . .

[Edit:  Oh my heck!  I can't seem to help myself.  Someone cynically observed a while back that it was mebbe an odd coincidence that the message heralding the demise of OSL came out just prior to Christmas with a plea to those having partial deposits on engines to pony up so poor Willem won't have to eat Spam for Christmas Eve dinner.  Well, here we are just past New Year's, and whadda you know!  OSL is back in operation.  Funny how that works.  Kudos to whomever it was that made the observation for your uncommon perspicacity (yes, that's a word.).] 

Quinn

Well, he lowered his possible customer base by at least one. I just quit dealing with one guy because of lies. After the hassel I had getting a stinking head gasket I know my dealer is not going to honor any warrenty on any expensive parts. I don't need another 4 months of lies and dodges. There are plenty of good responsible dealers out there
The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

dmp

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 11:21:05 PM »
Bob

Search the membership list for Tryg.  He did right by me.

David

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2008, 01:44:05 AM »

Always looking for someone closer to me.  Tryg is not listed in the members list, and his name is only mentioned in 3 posts total, nothing else.    Do you have contact info for him ?

Mike  (Los Angeles, Calif)

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 03:21:39 PM »
Bob

David

Thanks, I made a not of that.
The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »
are we talking about "tryg" or "trigzy" who left a post above?  scott r'

Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

dmp

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2008, 02:33:20 AM »
Very Sorry,

Tryg is his first name.  His Forum name is TNORVOLD.
A nice and honest man to deal with.

David