Puppeteer

Author Topic: Adding a fuel pump to an ST  (Read 4194 times)

firestone26

• View Profile
Adding a fuel pump to an ST
« on: March 28, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »
I have a Lister ST2 with a blank for the fuel pump. One of the Amish Generator Kings from here told me an old Ford tractor fuel pump works and some drill rod cut to the right length. He couldn't remember exactly what size, length. Has anyone done this? Any part numbers and drill rod specs would be great

Peter C.

• View Profile
Re: Adding a fuel pump to an ST
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:35:14 AM »
No info on the ford pump but I've wondered about adding an electronic fuel pump. Anybody done this?
Not trying to highjack the thread either ;)

Justin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »
I have a Lister ST2 with a blank for the fuel pump. One of the Amish Generator Kings from here told me an old Ford tractor fuel pump works and some drill rod cut to the right length. He couldn't remember exactly what size, length. Has anyone done this? Any part numbers and drill rod specs would be great

Got any pics of your ST2?  Is it in running order or have you had to do much work to it?

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »
  An old power steering pump can be belted down slow and work. Add a relief valve and bypass back to the tank with filtered fuel. You could even route the bypass fuel to be heated then return to tank for winter useage.