Puppeteer

Author Topic: INJECTOR LINE WANTED  (Read 3957 times)

Shadow

• View Profile
INJECTOR LINE WANTED
« on: April 12, 2010, 03:51:42 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an injector line for a Lister CD. The line runs from the pump to the injector.

Mine rubbed a pinhole in the side.  Anyone ever weld an injector line? Or will I be the first to try?... Thanks

Tijean

• View Profile
Re: INJECTOR LINE WANTED
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 10:42:37 PM »
I have brazed quite a few. Keep the heat minimal to reduce the possibility of oxide scaling on the inside that could conceivably wind up in the injector.
Frank

10/1 Jkson, ST5 gen. head

Bottleveg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:56:27 PM »
 Out of interest, does the pipe from pump to injector have to be steel, due to the higher pressure, or could it be replaced with copper and silver soldered to the original (drilled out) brass fittings?

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 02:48:13 AM »
1 to 3 cylinder diesel vibrates so much that you do not want to use copper lines at all.

Also on HP side, the diesel pressure is over 1800 PSI in sharp pulses, hence the real thickwall with tiny hole in the center of steel HP line.

Cheers, Wizard

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:45:06 AM »
Good news so far.  We tig welded it and so far its holding strong. I was worried it would melt through but as others have pointed out its fairly heavy wall tube.

I'll still watch for a new one.

Combustor

• Combustor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »
Hello Shadow,
                   The end fittings on your line are a standard CAV/Bosch metric fitting so any good injection shop should be able to make one from stock mparts.
                                                                                                                                                                                Regards,   Combustor.
Toys include- Lister CS 8/1, Lister VA SOM plant and some Aussie engines.
   "Old iron in the Outback" Kimberley, West Australia.

Bottleveg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 08:39:47 PM »
1 to 3 cylinder diesel vibrates so much that you do not want to use copper lines at all.

Also on HP side, the diesel pressure is over 1800 PSI in sharp pulses, hence the real thickwall with tiny hole in the center of steel HP line.

Cheers, Wizard

Thanks Wizard, that’s something else I’ve learnt.

Mark.