Puppeteer

Author Topic: Looking for a 12-2 Crankshaft  (Read 3669 times)

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
Looking for a 12-2 Crankshaft
« on: December 12, 2009, 02:29:58 PM »
I found a nice 12-2.  It was installed with the pulley attached far out on the end of the crankshaft.  Within a short time the crankshaft broke internally.  The engine has been sitting ever since.  It appears to be in great shape and have low hours.  A few missing parts here and there but not a big deal.  The owner had a replacement crankshaft for it stashed away, but it can not be found.  Sadly, he passed away last summer. 

We've looked for the crank in his shop but have come up empty.  It might be there, but it might not.  Anyone have a NOS or used one n good condition?

Bob
Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

listeroidsusa1

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a 12-2 Crankshaft
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:59:39 AM »
I have a new 12/2 crank that I ordered for a fellow a few years ago. It took 3 months to arrive and by then my customer had found other parts to get his going. It is only the crank and the timing gear has been removed. It is an Indian crank but was made as a replacement for the original Lister engines. I'll take $100 for it. Send me your email and I'll send some photos.

Mike

listeroidsusa1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 03:13:49 AM »
If you need them I also have some NOS main bearings too.

Mike

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 04:14:22 AM »
Thank you Mike.  You have fixed me up before with some parts.  I'll let you know as soon as I sort out a deal with the owner.

Bob

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 03:24:00 AM »
Mike, the crankshaft has been found.  Now all we have to do is come to an agreement on price.  I'll be talking to you about some bearings down the road. 

Thanks for your patience.

Bob