Author Topic: Climate Warming a hoax?  (Read 199591 times)

Stan

Re: Climate Warming a hoax?
« Reply #465 on: March 03, 2010, 04:32:12 AM »
 I had a professor once that likened large earthquakes to someone sneezing in a car parked at a drive in movie (remember them?).  It shakes the car but doesn't affect the operation of the vehicle much.
Stan

Ahhhhhhh  the good old days in the 51 chev pickup at the drive in.

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #466 on: March 03, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
Last time I was at a drive in they were playing Star Wars.

Didn;t notice any sneezing but there was a considerable amount of foggy windows.....
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 03, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »
We still have a drive in theatre in dodge. It is a great way to take grandchildren to the movie. They can run around and no one cares. We just pack up a cooler take the lawn chairs and have a great time. It is 12 dollars a vehicle to get in. They always have double feature. Mike
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

Stan

« Reply #468 on: March 05, 2010, 04:08:26 AM »
Ahhhhh....foggy windows.................that's where the children come from :-[
Stan
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 04:10:07 AM by Stan »

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 05, 2010, 05:25:45 AM »
yup shift momma earth 3 ft on its axis, and reduced our day by 1.69 microseconds

they say the quake back in '02 (whereever that one was, i forget) shift the earths axis 6ft.

the results of both time and location won't effect weather or most of us in our daily lives, but
it will play hell with the gps systems and all those satellites in orbit that have to keep every coordinate
spot on,, over time the mapping will shift with ever increasing errors that will have to be accounted for.

so the next time tomtom tells you to turn right, don't get alarmed if you jump over the curb!

:)

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #470 on: March 06, 2010, 01:49:53 AM »
Ahhhhh....foggy windows.................that's where the children come from :-[
Stan

My sone asked me where he came from and I showed him puppies on Youtube being born and discussed it.
He then said all disgusted I cam out of momies butt?
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Stan

« Reply #471 on: March 06, 2010, 02:38:01 AM »

they say the quake back in '02 (whereever that one was, i forget) shift the earths axis 6ft.

the results of both time and location won't effect weather or most of us in our daily lives, but
it will play hell with the gps systems and all those satellites in orbit that have to keep every coordinate
spot on,, over time the mapping will shift with ever increasing errors that will have to be accounted for.

so the next time tomtom tells you to turn right, don't get alarmed if you jump over the curb!

bob g

It all evens out, if an earthquake shunts in one direction it moves the earth a little that-a-way, then the next one shunts it the other way.  I wouldn't sweat it.

As for the time, they can't measure time that exactly, they're just guessing.  It might be 1.2 microseconds, or it might be 3 microseconds, who the hell cares?  Oh, I'm tired today, it must be because I got up 1.4 microseconds early?   ;D
Stan

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 06, 2010, 11:29:17 PM »
i dunno Stan,
i come a hell of a lot closer to believing that the can measure the length of a day down to microseconds, and tilt
to a few inches, than the algore crew and AGW

if you cannot measure the length of a day to a microsecond, then there is no way you can predict AGW with any degree of certainty.

(just to get us back on topic)

bob g

Stan

« Reply #473 on: March 07, 2010, 02:06:37 AM »
i dunno Stan,
i come a hell of a lot closer to believing that the can measure the length of a day down to microseconds, and tilt
to a few inches, than the algore crew and AGW

if you cannot measure the length of a day to a microsecond, then there is no way you can predict AGW with any degree of certainty.

What the heck does the ability to measure the speed of the earth's rotation down to microseconds, have to do with keeping records of temperature to the degree C over many decades?
Stan

Edit...I dont' know anything about measuring the speed of the earth's rotation, (and don't really care) but here's a guy who apparantly does.  Taken from the Kansas City Star newspaper so take with a grain of salt.

"Richard Gross, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., and colleagues calculated that Saturday's quake shortened the day by 1.26 microseconds. A microsecond is one-millionth of a second.

The length of a day is the time it takes for the planet to complete one rotation - 86,400 seconds or 24 hours.

An earthquake can make Earth rotate faster by nudging some of its mass closer to the planet's axis, just as ice skaters can speed up their spins by pulling in their arms. Conversely, a quake can slow the rotation and lengthen the day if it redistributes mass away from that axis, Gross said Tuesday.

Gross said the calculated changes in length of the day are permanent. So a bunch of big quakes could add up to make the day shorter, "but these changes are very, very small."

So small, in fact, that scientists can't record them directly. Gross said actual observations of the length of the day are accurate to five-millionths of a second. His estimate of the effect of the Chile quake is only a quarter of that span."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:13:24 AM by Stan »

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 07, 2010, 08:09:31 AM »
in my best steve martin

"well excuuuuuuuuse meeeeee!"

lmao

bob g

ps, i am just waiting for another agw loon to spout off more of their drivel about the earthquakes being due to something
caused by man.

probably drilling for oil and facturing the well?

Stan

« Reply #475 on: March 07, 2010, 06:04:40 PM »
"Loon", that's the name of our dollar coin, the "loonie".  (cause it's got a picture of a loon on the back [or is it the front] of it), so don't you go dissin our money now, I hear they're going to change our paper based money to a form of plastic based money.  Evidently New Zealand has had it since 1990.  It's supposed to last much longer than the paper based stuff.

Anyway, I also hear that quite a few "flat earth" people are among the dedicated global warming hoax people.  ;)
Stan

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 07, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »
"Loon", that's the name of our dollar coin, the "loonie".  (cause it's got a picture of a loon on the back [or is it the front] of it), so don't you go dissin our money now, I hear they're going to change our paper based money to a form of plastic based money.  Evidently New Zealand has had it since 1990.  It's supposed to last much longer than the paper based stuff.

Anyway, I also hear that quite a few "flat earth" people are among the dedicated global warming hoax people.  ;)
Stan

FIFY
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

skippytdi

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 25, 2013, 11:06:56 PM »
Yes.  Absolutely.  As a matter of fact it would be nice if they cease these upper atmospheric reflective particle tests they are currently performing (at least) in the northeast this spring. 
The sun gets warmer regardless of how cold the air is.  This is not a march sun. 
Anyone else feeling this?

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 26, 2013, 03:32:50 PM »
According to our recently-resigned (retired) Government Chief Scientist, Global Warming (ah, sorry, Climate Change) is real, but now there's a 25 year delay between cause & effect.... so any "warming" we're seeing now is a result of the 1980s. Must be all that hairspray.

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

skippytdi

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 28, 2013, 02:58:09 AM »
According to our recently-resigned (retired) Government Chief Scientist, Global Warming (ah, sorry, Climate Change) is real, but now there's a 25 year delay between cause & effect.... so any "warming" we're seeing now is a result of the 1980s. Must be all that hairspray.

Confuse the masses with a little math and blame them for all the problems.  Thats very christian of them...
hoax is a the perfect replacement for the word politics.  Now time to get some answers regarding building seven.