Puppeteer

Author Topic: Climate Warming a hoax?  (Read 199650 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: Climate Warming a hoax?
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »
My dear old retired Dad tells me the biggest new thing happening where he lives in the USA is the yard sale and barter.

He says there is a whole lot less good stuff in the trash and a lot more people pinching pennies.

Maybe this is the start of something or just a symptom of decline but as long as we know we can't move backwards there is the possibility we will move in a better direction what ever that is.

I'll be fixated on the themes of Metropolis for a while but the message is quite revealing
Between the hand and the head must be the heart.....
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Stan

« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »
Hopefullly it's a start of something new, cause all the finiancial big wigs in the states and canada keep saying we've got to go back to the old way.

Unfortunately the "old way" is simply an economy based on fraudulet securitiaztion of reckless debt.  That means too many people buying too much and paying off one credit card with another one.  It had to crash eventually!
Stan

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2009, 10:12:14 PM »
getting back to the original topic

i got put onto this one, now we got to find the paper

http://www.climategate.com/german-physicists-trash-global-warming-theory

this agw thing is global BS in my opinion, and i think 50 years from now they will be teaching in history class
how the world thought the sky was falling and how we almost screwed up the worlds economy trying to offset
based on BS pseudo science.

If anyone finds a copy of the paper referenced to, please post a link

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2009, 11:02:41 PM »
Here ya go. 115 pages which at a glance appear to be 1/2 easy reading and 1/2 way over my head.

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0707/0707.1161v4.pdf

Thanks, Geno

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
Here ya go. 115 pages which at a glance appear to be 1/2 easy reading and 1/2 way over my head.

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/0707/0707.1161v4.pdf

Thanks, Geno

WOW!
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

Stan

« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »

this agw thing is global BS in my opinion, and i think 50 years from now they will be teaching in history class
how the world thought the sky was falling and how we almost screwed up the worlds economy trying to offset
based on BS pseudo science.
bob g

Sorry Bob, hate to break it to you but the worlds economy is screwed up already, and it hasn't had anything to do with trying to offset global warming.  It's screwed up simply because way too many people are way too greedy, and the most greedy of all are the most powerful among us.  The latest is that the UK has been delivered a serious blow economically because their banks are the ones that mostly underwrote the Dubai debacle.
Stan

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »
granted the worlds economy is "hosed" for now, but it will recover

had the jerkwads of AGW fame had their way the worlds economy would have had the rules completely rewritten
and recovery to anything like what has proven to work would be doubtful.

does anyone really think that taking billions from rich industrial natiions and giving it to poor subindustrial nations would
really result in helping the people of those countries?  my bet is 90% of the money would end up funding more tin pot
dicatators efforts at procuring weapons, and other crap

i can hear it all now,

"we here in bumfuckalubey are investing the billions we are getting from the world fund in safe clean nuclear power to improve
the lives or our people, (don't pay any attention to all those centrifuges and missle sites behind the curtain).

the 10% that would get to the people would get there by extension, the dictators have to feed the workers, so there would be
some improvement in their economy, even if it is building materials of war.

some of the most verbal at the conference, that would have been recipients of these redistribution schemes were the very same
crack pipe smoking, lunatic, inbred tin pot dictators that are starving and abusing their people now.

remember no good deed ever goes unpunished.

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2010, 12:42:31 AM »
Well said Bob.

New year new record for you and I being in agreement in the shortest time lol.

I stand by my beliefe the best way to get things turned around is a consupmtion tax. Tax the things that go in the trash and reward those who pay their debt,s save for retirement, and suport those who own small buisnesses and shops that repair referbish and sell parts

Stan

« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2010, 06:37:26 PM »

I stand by my beliefe the best way to get things turned around is a consupmtion tax. Tax the things that go in the trash and reward those who pay their debt,s save for retirement, and suport those who own small buisnesses and shops that repair referbish and sell parts

Couldn't have said it better myself!  ;D
Stan

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2010, 07:33:51 PM »
Consumption tax... oh like the VAT in (Formerly) Great Britain??

Yeah thats a great plan, working well for the brits it is.  Take it you guys dont get out of your own country very much.

How about this... a fair tax system, based on income, that means people all pay their fair share.

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
No thats not true Andrew the richer you are the more places you can invest your money to avoid taxation.

Come on do you realy believe the rich and powerful, and multinational corperations pay their fair share of taxes.

Here are some facts!
Our standard of living is shrinking and has been shrtinking after inflation for decades. Our GDP has grown the same time . So where did all this money go? Our taxes have increased as a % of total income to compensate for the loss in spending power ( our midle class taxes that is big buisness pays a lot less today). So where did all that wealth go and why are we paying more of the tax burdon?

No a consumption tax is a good thing. Its a tax the working man can avoid by fixing and saving and tax the upper classes can't avoid of they wish to continue spending ( this of course require s a mechanism for avoiding money fleeing the country through investment banks ).

Besides we already have a value added tax Andrew its called the GST it simply needs some tweeking ( needs to be raised ) and our personal income taxes need to drop across the baord to reflect this

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2010, 10:53:22 PM »
Doug your smart enough to know that companies don't pay any taxes, they are passed on to the people that purchase their products & services.
And do you really think that personal income taxes are going to be lowered ? Value added tax or not, taxes only go up not down, so if you want to pay more in taxes go ahead, just leave the rest of us out if it.

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2010, 02:35:24 AM »
Your never going to get a fair tax system with that attitude.

Untill the Proletariat ( and lets face it we are being reduced to a third class standard of living so get used the tag ) stand up and demand to be heard we will get no where.

And now for trip on the way back machine 99 years the past is the future if we let it.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Pyramid_of_Capitalist_System.png

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2010, 04:58:17 AM »
No thats not true Andrew the richer you are the more places you can invest your money to avoid taxation.

Come on do you realy believe the rich and powerful, and multinational corperations pay their fair share of taxes.

Here are some facts!
Our standard of living is shrinking and has been shrtinking after inflation for decades. Our GDP has grown the same time . So where did all this money go? Our taxes have increased as a % of total income to compensate for the loss in spending power ( our midle class taxes that is big buisness pays a lot less today). So where did all that wealth go and why are we paying more of the tax burdon?

No a consumption tax is a good thing. Its a tax the working man can avoid by fixing and saving and tax the upper classes can't avoid of they wish to continue spending ( this of course require s a mechanism for avoiding money fleeing the country through investment banks ).

Besides we already have a value added tax Andrew its called the GST it simply needs some tweeking ( needs to be raised ) and our personal income taxes need to drop across the baord to reflect this

Gee Doug maybe you should start by reading what I wrote.  The income tax we have to day is not fair, for the very reasons you cite.  Im talking about taxable system that states clearly

How much did you make?
How much did you give to Charity (to a max deduction)
Pay your percentage - I dont care if it is flat or proportional

No ability to shift income to overseas like Paul Martin did, or get deductions like Jean Chrietien did for his golf course.  Limit deductions to Charities, eliminate Political party deductions and the ability for political parties to get funding on the tax payers tit.

The govt can offer limited additional deductions like the home upgrade plan, or how about an energy efficiency grant or deduction for adding better windows or upgrading the furnace to high eff.

Income tax gets at the money, and if applied fairly can reduce taxes for the middle and lower classes. Right now only the rich can afford accountants to find all the loop wholes.  We need to reduce the need to have accountants being paid to avoid taxes.  A consumption tax means we have to pay to burry our parents or children, that women pay tax on fem hygiene products, or childrens clothes.. not something the rich give a damn about but joe and jane canuck sure do.  See you see Lexus and Bently's being the problem and cash cow, I see the average joe having to pay taxes on stuff they need.  How is that fair?

Actually come July we will have the HST with everything being taxed.  Your heating bills, your wills, new homes, new cars, McDonalds, and of course Tim Hortons... so tell me how that is going to hurt the rich again?  Thankfully Harper reduced it from 7 to 5 %, too bad the liberals in Ontario did not do likewise to keep the tax neutral

Doug, you still have not answered my question... show me one place were Karl Marx and the communist drivil he promoted has been a success for the Proletariat.  BTW I will stick with my tag of Citizen, its noble and has meaning
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2010, 05:05:26 PM »
I think this is spinning out of control now.
I have been radicalized as happens in times like this and I move left as I have done in the past and probably will do again.

I don't think it matters what people believe or how they vote but its important they make themselves heard and push in a direction they feel will make this country a better place. I will push politicians in my direction, you should push yours.

I think we are heading backwards at a break neck speed towards a cold hearted Dickens style of society but this forum is not a place to realy be talking politics is it?. Maybe we should stop before tempers flair and this thread has to be locked down.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 05:07:31 PM by Doug »